I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Kit's Time to Shine

Kit and I started our relationship knowing that for possibly the next 4-20 years, our lives would revolve around my career. By this, I mean the Air Force will determine where we live, places we can go, when we are allowed to take time off and how much of the year we get to spend together. Since Kit is military, he is very familiar with the military's etiquette, fully understands all these hurdles, and supports me unconditionally. For this, I will never be able to thank him enough. This past weekend was different. This trip had nothing to do with the Air Force, but instead was all about my husband's future career. As soon as we found out our future home would be Ohio, Kit  feverishly researched different law enforcement openings in the area. Finally he found one, registered for the exam and we were on our way! We traveled to Dayton, OH for his police state proficiency exam. One hundred fifty people showed up to the exam, and there are only two job positions open. The test lasted two hours and covered everything from basic math to ethics and police procedure. He walked out feeling confident on his scores! We find out December 15th whether he made the cut, then onto the physical fitness assessment, lie detector test, drug test, then final interview. I'm so excited for my husband, he will make an outstanding police officer!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you two were able to make this trip! Kit is very blessed to have a spouse that understands and acknowledges his sacrifices. That is really important! We wish you both the best of luck in your careers. You deserve all the good things that come your way!

    ReplyDelete