I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hustling Is My Game

    For those of you not in college, money can sometimes be scarce. My husband and I both work two part time jobs, but have many bills. (Sigh) We have many plans for this summer and brainstormed on how to inflate our savings for our upcoming adventures. My husband has no room in his schedule, and since I have a pretty easy semester it seemed more logical that I earn some extra dough. I thought about waitressing a couple times a week, but with our busy life, I think I would frustrate my boss with all the days I needed off. I interviewed for a bar tending job, but no luck.

    So, I started my own tiny business. I'm my own boss and only employer. I choose my wages and days/hours I work each week. The work isn't glamorous, but isn't embarrassing either. I house keep! For those of you who don't know, I LOVE to clean and organize, so this wasn't a stretch for me. I got started by placing an ad in the Sunday paper and from that received about four calls. I interviewed each house by asking them what they wanted done, how many hours a week they needed me for and if they could pay what I wanted. I set my wage at $15/hour, stated what I wouldn't do (like clean cat litter boxes), and selected what day I would come clean. Sounds a tad overwhelming, but truly isn't. As it is now, I only clean twice a week, and earn an extra $120/week. No late smokey nights, no stiffs that don't know how to tip, and best of all, no working weekends. This is only temporary because we are due to move this summer, but for the mean time I'll enjoy being boss!

No comments:

Post a Comment