I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Saturday, September 15, 2012

8 Weeks To Go

Ah this month is going by SO quick! I feel as if I welcomed September, glanced down for only a second and  then suddenly sneak a peak at my watch to find it's already half way over! We are busy as ever. Kit is on and off at home with Army training keeping him frequently in Oklahoma.

I am, as usual, keeping very busy at my first home (work)! Honestly, I put in a lot of time...but I really enjoy the people I work with. We just finished our first exercise block, block 15! Only 6 more to go...and 8 weeks left until graduation. It's so close!

Mostly these last couple of weeks it's beginning to set in that our time here is coming to an end. In one hand, we're SO ecstatic to get to our real first base after almost 20 months of waiting. In the other, I'm really sad to leave a couple people that I've met here. I find it amazing to meet people from all over the U.S. and in just 6 months form such strong bonds with certain people. I know that we'll all go our separate ways, but it's so nice to know that not only will I walk away from here with my job badge, but also with 2 best friends that I'll never forget. That is priceless and goes way beyond anything I expected to gain here.


No comments:

Post a Comment