I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween 2013

Halloween is my second most favorite holiday of the year, mainly because I love scary movies, carving pumpkins and candy. Last year my husband was away at training so we didn't get to fulfill some family traditions, so this year I made sure we hit them all. On Hallow's Eve we carved pumpkins. We couldn't keep Zeus away from licking them, he must get his taste for pumpkin for his mom.



Mine!

My husband's!
We couldn't celebrate on Halloween night because I had a crazy work schedule this week, so we made it up the weekend after with a Halloween party at a beach club on PCB with friends! It was sort of last minute so I had to improvise on our costumes. For my husband's, I bought a women's fleece hoodie at Walmart, turned it inside out, safety pinned dust masks to the top for eyes and WALA! He became cookie monster! For the cookie I just cut it out from a cardboard box and safety pinned that sucker to a black dress. $18 DIY Halloween costumes.


Close-up 


Halloween is the first in string of holidays every year and this year we just couldn't be more grateful to be in each other's company for them. Last year we didn't have the luxury, but we made do. We rallied around coworkers and friends and still made great memories. This year, those great memories will be with each other.

Thankful for my Cookie Monster this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment