I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Husband Turns 27

We celebrated my husband's 27th birthday this week!  It was a little tricky given I'm out of town and he's working unusual hours, but we managed to each steal away from work and celebrate the weekend before and the day after his birthday. 

First I stole away from work for a few days and he finally got his Boston creme pie!  He'd been begging for months.

Birthday Cake #1

But since he hadn't had his actually birthday day, we had another excuse to celebrate! He paid me a visit out of town the day after so we filled the hours we had together with steamed seafood, local beer, presents, birthday cards, laughs, smiles and love. 

His first steam pot!

Birthday Cake #2


Golden cards are a tradition in our little family and have been for a few years now

Looking forward to his first batch!

 At first I was pretty upset when I found out we'd have to spend his birthday apart.  We missed last years because of his deployment, so I really wanted to make this one special.  Despite the lack of celebration on the day of we still made the best of things.  Even if it was in a hotel room away from home because as corny as it sounds...we don't really give a damn where we're at just as long as we're together.  I'm learning with each new unplanned hiccup to roll with punches better each time, celebrate EVERY chance we get, and just be grateful for this amazing man.  This man's happiness is my happiness.  If you ask him he had an awesome birthday spent with his little family so Mission Complete!


My Handsome Birthday Boy


2 comments:

  1. Nick has been brewing beer for a couple of years now, you will love it! Also, trying out your kale chips today!

    ReplyDelete