I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Friday, June 26, 2015

First Father's Day

Since I blogged about my first Mother's Day, it's only fair to blog a bit about my husband's first Father's Day.  We started the weekend off with an early morning blueberry picking trip!  My husband saw the sign while driving through town and thought it'd be fun.  We've never been so we thought why not!  Since we have Norah now we had to go at the ass crack of dawn to beat the Florida heat, but we didn't mind.  The farmer marked down his price to only $1/pound so we went all out and collected about 3 pounds worth.  So delicious and fun!  We are definitely doing this again next year with friends in Tulsa, new family tradition possibly?




First time to nurse standing AND baby wearing! My husband was proud and insisted on a photo

McFamily <3



Afterwards we gave Norah her first actual bath!  I know it sounds silly, but we were both really excited to see how she'd handle the water.  She loved it and we really enjoyed bathing her!  Ah the little joys of parenthood.




Sunday morning we were both missing the beach badly, so again we got up at the ass crack of dawn to beat the Florida heat and headed to the beach.  It rained on us briefly, but then the sun came out and it was gorgeous.  We had the beach completely to ourselves.  Probably due to our 6am arrival time, but we soaked it in.  Norah even got to put her cute little feet in the ocean for the first time.  Her first beach trip was a success!




Safety first!

That hat...

First dip in the waves at 6 weeks!


We also put those blueberries to use and made a blueberry cobbler from scratch.  So delicious!



Father's Day gifts from his girls.



I can't express enough really how damn lucky I feel to have this man father my children and be my partner in parenthood.  I experienced a whole new level of love for my husband when he held our daughter for the first time.  He brings tears to my eyes sometimes when I witness their special moments {giving Daddy kisses or chest cuddling sessions}.  We're only 6 weeks into this parenting thing and already he's such an amazing Dad.  He's helping me become a wonderful Mother too, and that's worth so much.  We're so lucky to have him here with us this summer.  We are looking forward to celebrating with you next year in Oklahoma.

Happy First Father's Day my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment