I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Monday, August 1, 2016

Power of Voting

I've been a registered voter since I turned 18, my husband included.  I watched my parents take fierce pride in voting every chance they got whether it be in a local election or presidential.  I take pride in having the ability to vote, and I really want to pass on that desire to my children.

It starts with us.

We got really involved this year with the local Tulsa Mayor election.  Mostly because my husband's good friend in law school, her husband was challenging the current mayor.  First we did our research, looked into what he stood for and changes he wanted to make, and we were 100% on board.


Local Veteran's Meeting 
Selfie with the Mayor (soon-to-be)


We donated, got involved with a veteran's movement he hosted and my husband and daughter even went door to door for his campaign.


They voted!




Finally the day came to put our vote to the test!  We cast our vote and were invited to his watch party later in the evening.  The atmosphere was electrifying.  Everyone was on edge, and by the time the evening news came on, the new mayor was obvious.

G.T. Bynum blew it out of the water!  Our vote mattered.  It was so incredible to see what the power of so many could do when we exercised our right.


Watch Party!

Coolest sugar cookie ever



I'm a firm believer in voting and voicing your opinion politically through votes, rally's, etc. My Mom always said, "If you aren't going to vote, then you don't get to complain."  So for our daughter, we will bring her to the poles with us.  We will show her how important it is to exercise your right that so many have fought and died for us to exercise.  We will always encourage her to have an opinion, even if we don't always agree.

My husband and I are so excited to see what G.T. Bynum can do with the city of Tulsa!

No comments:

Post a Comment