I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Saturday, June 4, 2022

Baby #4: 36 Weeks

 



Hello 9 months!  I can't believe we are just a few weeks from our scheduled c-section.  These last few weeks have been overwhelming, busy and some tears were definitely shed.


First, baby is the size of a Buzz Lightyear toy!  Baby is still rolling and jabbing me all the time, but moves more at night for sure.  Last week Dr Daily had to cancel our appointment and this week I did so I didn't get to see my OB in the last few weeks.  





Last week I started taking my blood sugars 4 x daily.  I have to take a morning fasting one, then 1 hour after breakfast, lunch and dinner.  The goal for fast is until 90, and the goal for the other after each meal is under 140.  I have found if I keep to under 30-35 carbs per meal then my sugars are on target.  I'm very fortunate to be able to keep it under control by diet only and not need insulin at this time. Anything to keep this baby growing appropriately and healthy!



This week I worked the whole holiday weekend (Fri-Sun nights) at the hospital.  Sunday night around 11pm I started to feel a little achy and had a headache but I had just spent hours in a patient's room pushing/delivering her so I chalked it up to not snacking, drinking or resting the last few hours.  I went home and slept for 5 hours and woke up still feeling body aches so I took an at home covid test fully expecting it to be negative.  I was wrong.  Two lines popped up and I ran in to the office to tell Kit.  I started bawling.  I was so worried for baby, Scarlett and Hazel whom aren't vaccinated yet and what if I go into labor and deliver early while sick?? Just so many what if's.  I decided to go into OB Triage to have baby checked out and an official PCR test ran just to be sure.  Sure enough, test came back positive and baby looked great on the monitor thank goodness. As I'm writing this I'm on Day 6 and feeling much better.  I'm still SO tired, coughing up gunk and have a little runny nose but I consider my case to be relatively mild.  The kids/Dad tested negative on day 4 and we'll test them again tomorrow to be sure (day 7).  








Besides that we have had a busy few weeks with life in general.  Scarlett and Norah both finished up school for the year!  Our neighborhood pool opened so I'm trying to take advantage of that as much as I can before my surgery.  I packed my hospital bag and Dad cleaned out your car seat today.  I feel like we are finally ready for anything at this point.  I have 3 more shifts at the hospital and then baby time!








Dad's stay at home court attire!


No comments:

Post a Comment