I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Asics Gel Nimbus 12

My husband is a running shoe genius. He knows how to test arches, what stability is needed in a shoe, the difference a few ounces can make and why heel to toe height matters. When he told me he found the perfect running shoe for me and my difficult feet I didn't hesitate. Bring em' on home! I haven't had new shoes since February 11'. A HUGE no no when you're logging 15-25 miles a week. I had ran 2 half marathons in my new balance pair and knew they we're in desperate need of a replacement. 



He brought home the Asics Gel Nimbus 12 for me to try. I have always been a NB girl until yesterday when I took these babies for a spin. The shoes have an asymmetrical shoe lacing pattern, so instead of lacing up straight down the middle, they follow the top contour of your foot which provides a more snug fit. Less movement within the shoe = less blisters and hurtful rubbing. Most running shoes contains layers of foam and rubber in the midsole. These Asics have replaced that with a gel midsole which has amazing impact protection, which means you don't feel like you're pounding pavement. I did a three mile test run in them and they were wonderful. My husband gets to pick out all my shoes from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment