I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Taking Photos Is My Hobby

   I love photography. Last Christmas I asked for my first SLR. It's one of my most favorite items I own. I take it on vacations, walks, weekend trips and just about everywhere. I believe that life moves to fast to not snap a couple pictures here and there.

   Today I had the pleasure of conducting my first photo shoot! Yes, I was nervous BUT you have to do your first one sometime. I don't want to start my own business or anything. I just want to be good enough and know my way around my camera (and Photoshop) well enough to take beautiful pictures of our life and the people in it. Especially of our children when the time comes. As a child I loved pouring over my parent's old photo albums. The photos were often blurry, discolored, had horrible lighting or just very poorly done. I knew that I wanted to leave behind pictures that were beautiful and could be enjoyed for many generations. What better way to practice than to take photographs!

   A coworker wanted some pictures of her daughter and boyfriend, so I happily obliged. I was pretty nervous and scatterbrained but I think I did pretty well for my first time! Here are some finished photos from the day.


The blog won't let rotate this one...sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment