I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Weight Loss January Update

So here's where I'm at now...5lbs lost so far 20 days in.


Now before you think,"Why does she need to lose anything? She's not fat?" No I'm not fat. I'm definitely overweight though. I'm 5'2 on a good day lol, so my healthy body weight needs to be between 118lbs-132lbs. I've come to these numbers via my own doctor, USAF, webMD and weight watchers. All sources say around the same conclusion. I'll post what my exact starting weight/before pictures was when I finally reach my goal! How's that for a little intrigue! My goal is 130lbs. In highschool I was very fit and maintained around 140lbs. When Kit and I lived with his parents for a year after we graduated college,  I got down to 135lbs and I looked/felt amazing. Then we moved to TX and I gained it all back plus some! I'm going to do periodic blogs about what I'm doing, how much I've lost and pictures.

These past couple weeks have been good. I'm living in a hotel room with a fridge and microwave so my meal variety is pretty scarce. In the morning I have a special k sandwhich and a piece of fiber-filled fruit (usually banana).

Mid morning I'll have a serving of natural almonds (18 almonds). For lunch I have this pasta kit, 11/2 cups of fresh raw veggies (carrots, broc and cauli) with 2 tablespoons of dip. Dip recipe: FF sour cream OR 16oz of plain greek yogurt + powered ranch packet


My daily lunch pasta
For an afternoon snack I'll have a protein + fruit, so I usually do an apple and a piece of lowfat string cheese or grapes and beef jerkey etc... Dinner I have a home made salad with fat free dressing and more veggies then I'll have a lean cuisine or BBQ sanwhich:



I track all of this via MyFitnessPal app on my phone. I'm allowed 1330 calories (based on my individual stats) before working out. Tomorrow I'm also starting another half marathon training program for a half on April 7! This is my training program that I'll be using:



Also a little added tip...only weigh in once a week. You will drive yourself crazy if you do everyday. Our bodies go through cycles constantly of water retainment, digestion, etc. I personally weigh in every Friday morning since I usually splurge on the weekends a bit. Hope this helps give you new ideas or motivation!

5 comments:

  1. Get it girl!!! A Half Marathon? That's awesome! I need to work on a 5k lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't love running quite like you do but I will work on it lol. You my dear still need to try yoga! I really think it would be a great thing to keep your mind on.

      Delete
  2. You're heading in a great direction! You'll be turning heads at the beach this summer for sure! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks! I sure hope so :) then hopefully my husband's head too! haha

      Delete