I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Pregnancy Must Haves

I wanted to share some of my favorite items being a first time mom that made this pregnancy comfortable for me!  In no particular order...

1. Crocs.  Yes they're the ugliest shoe you'll ever wear, but when you can't hardly bend over to put shoes on these suckers came in handy!  Plus I'm a gal who needs support.  I'm not a fan of the cheap, thin flip flops that make your feet hurt after a 5 min walk in them.  They offer great support, slip-on and were perfect for walking my dog every night in or taking out the trash.  I might have even worn them to Wal-Mart once...or twice.

2. Cocoa butter and Bio oil.  Yes I still got stretch marks almost up to my boobs, but I knew that would most likely happen.  I'm prone to them, but it still didn't mean I didn't want to lather up as much as I could.  Who knows, maybe I would have gotten more?  I never once had an itchy tummy!

3. Bump belt.  I got mine from Amazon for about $22.  I loved it when I was running.  It gave me that extra support that I needed to not feel like I was flopping all over the place.  It also helped during my walks with Zeus.



4.  A good water bottle.  I never went anywhere without my Tervis cup.  It was easy to clean, holds 24oz and it kept my water cold all day.  Water keeps the BH contractions at bay!

5.  Heating pad.  At 35 weeks my lower back started having some intense, sharp, vomit-inducing pain and one thing I found that helped tremendously was an electric heating pad.  I bought mine from Wal-Mart in the pharmacy section.  Best $17 I ever spent.

6.  Yoga pants/shorts.  These stretch with you from the first trimester when your usual pants start getting tight all the way to when you can't clasp your hands around your belly anymore.  I live in Florida, so I wore the heck out of the yoga shorts in my last trimester in the Florida heat.

7.  Neutrogena acne spot cream.  During my first trimester the hormones raged war on my face and for the first time in my life I had horrible breakouts.  My husband suggested this cream (no idea where he heard of it because he sure doesn't need it), and it usually got rid of the trouble spots within a day or two.

8.  Horseshoe pregnancy pillow.  I got lucky and bought this off of a Facebook for sale site  for $20, but they usually run for about $60-$80.  So. Worth. It.  I loved the horseshoe one especially because you don't have to move it every time you want to turn over.  I started using it my second trimester and it's truly a life saver.



9.  Exercise routine.  This isn't really an item, but I believe this helped me in SO many ways.  My exercise of choice was running (until 29 wks when my doc told me no more) and CrossFit (hope to keep doing it until delivery).  Exercise helped me not gain an out of control amount, kept my swelling at bay mostly, helped me maintain muscle tone, kept the aches and pains mostly to a minimum, did wonders for my emotional health and really helped me stay limber.

I'm sure every pregnancy is different, so it'll be interesting to see what my favorites are for the next go around!

No comments:

Post a Comment