I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Bumpdate: 36 Weeks





Size of baby: Watermelon

Pregnancy Symptoms: Lower left back pain

Things that make me nauseous: Back pain

Cravings: Smoothies and shakes (anything cold)

Sleep: 5-7 hours/night

Exercise: CrossFit 4x's, walked about 5 miles

Baby Movement: Not really kicks anymore, just squirming and rolling

Total Weight Gain: Didn't weigh


It's May!


I've been pregnant for 9 months now!  Each week we hit now just seems like such an accomplishment for some reason.  I am still in disbelief I've carried our daughter for 9 months, and it's just getting more and more real that we'll be meeting her soon.

We had a check-up with the midwife this week.  I had the GBS test done (yuck) and my first cervical check.  I wasn't going to do one, but this week I've been feeling some twinges/pressure in my cervix area so I thought what the hell.  To my surprise I'm dilated 1.5 cm and 80% effaced!  We also had the last ultrasound so that we could see her positioning.  She's head down, and her feet are toward my left side, butt on my right.  There was one slight concern, my amniotic fluid is border lined too high.  It's not quite polyhydramnios but I'm .10 away.  Basically the concerns of having too much fluid is that when my water breaks the increased pressure difference could cause the placenta to rupture from the uterine wall or the umbilical cord could poke out first before the baby.  Both would require an emergency C-section.  I'm trying to not read too much on it and not to worry myself.  My midwife has ordered another ultrasound for next week to check my levels again. From this point forward we'll see the midwife once a week until DDay!




No wonder I have back pain...


My back has felt a lot better, and lucky me I've actually been able to get some decent sleep without waking up in pain!  I'm not sure if it's the chiropractor I'm seeing twice a week or that she's shifted.  Either way I'm so grateful to feel somewhat normal again.

This week my husband started his finals for law school!  He has two this week and two next week then he'll road trip home!  With each final he gets through I feel a little more accomplished that I could keep her in long enough for him to knock these out.  That's my only real job these next two weeks!

My sweet friend snapped this of me this week, whoa baby!


My sweet CrossFit ladies threw me a wonderful baby shower, and it was so much fun!  These girls have really been my only social life outside of work, and they're so encouraging in the gym.  I probably would have stopped CrossFit a couple weeks back if it hadn't been for their support.  CrossFit has kept me feeling like myself, kept my weight gain at a manageable level, allowed me to keep some muscle tone and helped so much with the swelling, aches and pains of pregnancy.  I love my box!



"My Mommy can backsquat more than your Mommy"





Oh Miss Norah, you're so loved already!

No comments:

Post a Comment