I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Bumpdate: 35 Weeks






Size of baby: Coconut

Pregnancy Symptoms: Severe intense lower left back/side pain, nausea

Things that make me nauseous: Back pain

Cravings: Melon and protein shakes (shying away from food at dinner time)

Sleep: 5-7 hours/night

Exercise: Nothing, been in too much pain :(

Baby Movement: Not really kicks anymore, just squirming and rolling

Total Weight Gain: 30 lbs

I reached the big 3-0 # gained!  I have a goal of not wanting to gain over 40#, but I'm not sure I'll make that at this rate.  We'll see!  I'm trying not to stress too much about it, but being overweight for so long has it's bad mental habits with it.

As you can see, my stretchmarks are insane!  I'm trying to come to terms with them and see them as stripes of honor, but it's tough.  My girlfriends have been giving me some amazing and uplifting support which is a huge help.  It's just hard for my mind to wrap around the fact that for 27 years I had a mark-less tummy, and now that will forever change.  It will just take time and some encouraging words from friends and family but I'm sure I'll come to terms with it.  No other choice, they're here to stay!

This week was my first week for half days at work.  It made such a huge difference!  I feel like my stress levels have decreased quite a bit, and my contractions aren't so frequent like they were in the afternoons beforehand.  I'm very thankful that I have the opportunity to still fully support my family financially and be able to work half the hours every week.  It could not have come at a better time either because this week I was introduced to some serious back pain.

Now if I had to describe my 35th week of pregnancy in one word, it'd be pain.  Saturday (34 + 6) I was off getting a pedicure when I started feeling really bad period-like cramps on my left side, even radiating into my lower left back.  I couldn't even enjoy the pedicure.  Afterwards I rushed home, laid down and gulped water like a fish (my standard for any pregnancy aliment these days).  No relief.  In fact the pain got worse.  I started breathing hard, sweating and feeling nauseous.  It just didn't feel right so off to labor and delivery I went!  I was certain it was kidney stones or my colon.  After 4 hours in the hospital all the triage nurse could diagnose me with was round ligament pain and lower back nerve pain.  They gave me some medicine to try to relax me and help with the nausea then sent me home.  The pain got so intense after I got home that I threw up.  I've never in my life been in so much pain that I threw up.  It had me scared and feeling pretty hopeless, especially dealing with it by myself.  Surprisingly I felt completely fine the next two days, then the pain came back but only in my left lower back area.  I visited my midwife about it, and she had the same diagnosis except she thought it was more nerve pain since pain meds had no effect.  The only thing she could suggest was stretching, heat and cold packs, visiting a chiropractor or trying to get Norah to move off whatever nerve she was effecting.  The pain goes from a dull ache to a throbbing almost sharp pain and it doesn't matter how I'm sitting or standing.  I thought I was pretty pain tolerant, but this has me almost in tears everyday.  I'm suppose to live with this for another 5 weeks!?!?  It even has me doubting if I can pull off an unmedicated birth like I want.  If I can't handle this, how can I handle pushing a watermelon out of my vagina?  I'm hoping she starts to drop soon and moves off whatever nerves she's disturbing.  I'm not sure I can handle this for 5 more weeks.  I can't exercise, I can hardly work my half days, and my poor pups walks are suffering.  I did end up seeing a new chiropractor three times this week, and it's definitely helped to manage the pain.  There are still times where the pain spikes up bad, especially when I drive for some reason, but it's becoming bearable.  I'm not scared to go to the grocery store like I was in the beginning of the week in fear that I'd not be able to get around without crying.  So that's a plus!  Next I'd like to be able to walk my poor Golden!

My view almost every afternoon trying to get through the back pain.  Zeus is SUCH a good bed rest buddy! 


On a more positive note, my unit totally surprised me with wanting to throw me a baby shower this weekend!  I work mainly with men, but the few women I do work with insisted and it was such a special treat.  I'm very grateful for their thoughtfulness!

Yummy lemon cake


Great hostess!

Baby sock matching game



Handmade blanket, can never have enough

Embroidered hat, onesie and blanket with Norah's initials and a sweet banner! 


I had some days were I felt good enough to do some crafting!  I finished a wreath for our front door and finally finished that wooden sign for the nursery.  I love how they turned out!



Finished product!



We also hit another milestone this week.  One Month Out!!  On Friday the 24th was officially a month from her due date!  We seriously can't believe it.  We have about one month left of being a family of two, and we couldn't be more excited or ready.  I'm trying to take time out of my day and just enjoy the anticipation.  I have so much waiting for me to be thankful and excited for!



5 Weeks To Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment