I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Bumpdate: 34 Weeks




Size of baby: Butternut Squash

Pregnancy Symptoms: BH contractions daily, overheated easily, always hot, constantly thirsty, peeing every 30 minutes, nailed the pregnancy waddle

Things that make me nauseous: Nothing

Cravings: Nothing crazy this week

Sleep: 5-7 hours/night

Exercise: CrossFit 3 times, gym twice and walking 2 miles/day

Baby Movement: So. Much. Movement.

Total Weight Gain: Didn't weigh

This week we had another midwife check-up!  The baby's heart rate is 130bpm and my blood pressure is still low.  I'm still measuring a week ahead by the fundus measurement.  My midwife did put me on half days at work, so I'm very much relieved and ready for the break!  My days are packed with working 9 hours, CrossFit takes about two hours with travel time, walking my dog for about 30-45 minutes nightly and cooking dinner.  I'm on the go from 6am-8pm M-F and hardly get time to just sit and relax.  I'm looking forward to having some time to myself to unwind!

What 8.5 months pregnant in the AF looks like!


I also had a 3-day weekend so I had a chance to do some serious baby prepping.  I completed our diapering, breastfeeding and postpartum baskets and mostly packed up our hospital bags for the big day!




I scored some more deals this week too for baby.  I've been causually looking for a highchair.  We don't need one right away, but if a great deal popped up I wasn't against snagging it for this winter.  I bought this from a lady on base from FB for $15!  Online new I found it for $80, and she'd only used it for a month or so.  Gender neutral and straps are included just not pictured.  Score!




Also a buddy from work gave me this rock n play since their daughter is 1 year old now.  It will make a great bassinet for downstairs!  I love hand-me-downs.



I'm still working out 5 days a week and doing CrossFit for three of those days.  I'm so proud of myself for keeping this up for so long.  I haven't lost too much of my muscle tone ( I can still see my traps peeking through!) and I feel like it's helped tremendously with the swelling.  My friend had to snap a couple funny pictures of course!





Overall I finally feel pretty prepared, or as much as I can get anyway!  This is the last week my midwife said that if I have contractions or preterm labor that they'd make an effort to stop it.  After you hit 35 weeks I guess research has shown it does more harm than good to stop labor from happening.  Pretty scary sounding because I still need her to stay put for 4 more weeks!  Despite all my nesting and prepping I know I won't feel completely 100% ready until my birthing partner walks through my door.

6 Weeks To Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment