I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Bumpdate: 32 Weeks






Size of baby: Squash

Pregnancy Symptoms: BH contractions daily, hard to breathe when slouched or laying on my back, pain in hip flexors, overheated easily, constantly thirsty, peeing every 30 minutes, starting the pregnancy waddle!

Things that make me nauseous: Nothing

Cravings: Lemon anything (cookies, muffins, bread, drinks, etc)

Sleep: 6-8 hours/night

Exercise: CrossFit 3 times, gym twice and walking 2 miles/day

Baby Movement: Hourly, even jumps when I turn on the blow dryer!

Total Weight Gain: 25 lbs

Two months to go!  We're getting so excited!  This week I tried to make a wooden plank sign for the nursery.  I found one on Etsy I liked but not for $120!  I bought the supplies for it for $40 instead, and really tried to make it, but sadly lacks the skills with a B & D drill.  I even got coached twice over FaceTime by my expert husband and still couldn't screw the damn boards together, so it will have to wait for Dad to get home!  The song, "Your are my sunshine" holds a special place in my heart.  My Grandma Jacque (maternal grandmother) used to always sing this to me when I was little.  This is our song.  I wanted to pass this song and it's love down to my children.  I'm already practicing singing this to her nightly.  My husband doesn't even mind hearing it.

We had another check-up with the midwife this week!  My bp is still low and Norah's heart rate is perfect.  I'm still measuring a week ahead, so staying pretty consistent.  My next appt is at 34 weeks pregnant, then at 36 weeks we'll have the final ultrasound!

I attended a breastfeeding class this week, and it was really informative!  The instructor provided lots of tips/tricks and showed us different styles and methods.  I'm pretty intimidated by breastfeeding, but really excited about it too and the benefits for mom!  I have a goal for myself to breastfeed Norah for a year (pending any deployments).  Hopefully we can both stick with it!

This week has been a busy one for me.  I squeezed in 5 workouts, finished a few baby projects, did some major spring cleaning and have been tending to my healing cat who is freshly spayed.  This week was the first that I found myself pretty tired and low on energy a few days this week.  I haven't really felt this exhausted since the first trimester.  The effects of pregnancy, hauling around the extra 25lbs and heat of Florida are starting to take a toll on my body I'm afraid.  Luckily I've been pretty immune to it all, but it was bound to catch up with me sometime!  The nights I was pretty run down the BH contractions kicked up (another sign I know I need to slow down), and I got pretty close to having to make a repeat trip to the hospital but they finally settled out.  This momma just doesn't know how to take it easy!

Gym Selfie #1

Gym Selfie #2

My poor Artemis

My Saturday morning tradition

He wishes!


These last few weeks I feel are crawling by, so when I look at my countdown I'm reminded that she's approaching quickly!  I can't believe this week we hit 50 days out from our due date.  7 Weeks Left!


No comments:

Post a Comment