I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Friday, January 1, 2016

Looking Back on 2015

This was by far our favorite year to date!  Mainly because of this 20 lb cutie sitting next to me.  Enjoy our look back of this amazing year we had.

January:

Happy New Year in Asheville!  And Happy 5th Anniversary to us!


NYD hike


Hiking with a 20 week bump!


Next, my 27th birthday!





Before Kit went back to start his second semester of Law School we found out his grade from the first semester.  All A's and one B!



February:


Another Valentine's Day a part, but we made the best of it!





VDay selfie from the hubs


At the end of Febuary I flew up to Oklahoma to have our baby showers, but a snowstorm had other plans.  We still made the best of family time that we could!





March:




We spent Spring Break in Orlando FL watching a Braves game and hitting Seaworld!







We also had maternity pictures done at Rosemary Beach, FL.




April:  

My dear husband turned 28 years old!

28th BDay selfie!

I also drove to Bilioxi MS to visit my little brother in the AF!





Kit was finishing up classes at school and starting finals before Norah arrived!


Award winner!

Meanwhile Norah June kept growing!





May:

I hit full term!



Little did I know a week later I'd become a Mother and Kit a Father...

9 May, Zeus's 6th Birthday!




10 May, Mother's Day!

By far the best day of our lives in 2015.  We became parents to the most beautiful, spunky, outgoing little girl there ever was.  We finally met our Norah June, and our hearts couldn't be more full.













June:

Kit's first Father's Day!






We watched Norah June turn 1 month old!



Visit from Nana and Pops

Grandma Stacey visited

Uncle D too!



So small






July:


Our first major holiday with Norah June, Independence Day in Orlando FL!










Then just hanging out together enjoying my maternity leave to the fullest!




Lunchdate with Dad









Then came a LIFECHANGING decision.  We decided it was best that we leave the AF and finally allow me a chance to pursue my passion.  Hello Tulsa in 2016!



Let the countdown begin!

August:

We took our first big with Norah and flew to Seattle, then road tripped to her first country, Canada!









We soaked up the last weeks of my maternity leave!


Dad's last day at his internship!




Seaside picnic





Finally my amazing 12 week maternity leave came to an end.  Luckily she stayed home with Dad for this week while I was at work!



First day back!




Finally the hardest moment came that we'd been dreading since we found out we were pregnant.  Kit had to return to school in Oklahoma.  We debated on really just having him stay and finish later, but we knew what we needed to do.


Norah's going away gift




That same awful week we said goodbye to Kit, Norah June had to start daycare.  It was the hardest week of 2015.  I'm so glad we're through that time!


Norah's first day of daycare.



I found a great photographer on a local BF support FB group that does breastfeeding photography shoots.  I saw her work and KNEW I had to do this.  I waited until she discounted her packages for National BF Week and jumped on it.  I kept it a secret and made a book for my husband as a thank you gift for ALL this support he'd given Norah and I through our BF journey.  I'll treasure these Mommy and mini photos forever.










September:

Norah's first flight to Oklahoma for labor day weekend!




First time meeting Gpa Mike!

First time meeting Aunt Jenna!

4 Generations



First time to meet my niece Lena!

Kit chugged away at school and we continued to try to enjoy our time in Florida.






First doc visit - pink eye



October:

This month brought us another flight to OK to visit Daddy!

First pumpkin patch





Dad had fun in Oklahoma!






I pinned on my last rank in the USAF, Captain!






The in-laws visited too!






Finally Norah's first Halloween!








November:

Our Norah June turned half a year old!





Veteran's Day and play time!



Veteran's Day freebies with Mommy






Norah's first Thanksgiving!






BEDLAM!


We even squeezed in Norah June's 6 months photoshoot in Watercolor FL!










Lastly, I finally found out that I was ACCEPTED to OU's ABSN program starting June 2016!!  I'm SO excited to start a career I'm passionate about, and hopefully good at!


December:


My last squadron Christmas party!





Kit's finals we're finishing up, so we flew to Oklahoma to celebrate an early Christmas with our family.  Last trip to OK for us until we're Okies!










Halfway through law school!!



Back in Florida as a family for a few weeks, hello Winter Break, but not before we found out Kit scored his first part time law clerk job starting next semester!  It's an awesome step for us in the right direction!



















Lastly we finished up Christmas as home, just us three.  Such a great holiday!







What a wonderful year we've had.  It definitely wasn't short on challenges, tears, frustrations or loneliness but the sad outweighed the beautiful good that we experienced.  We celebrated 5 years married, became PARENTS, each turned another year older, visited Canada, made some big adult decisions and smiled until it hurt.  Not bad 2015.

This next year Kit will finish up his second year of law school.  I start online college classes in January, separate the Air Force and move to Tulsa in March, and then start nursing school in June!  We have a big international trip planned for this summer and hopefully some little side trips as well.  Norah will turn ONE and we'll hopefully be spending way more time with friends and family very soon.  I'm SO excited about moving, and can't keep this stupid smile off my face.  I've been incredibly lonely, isolated and sad living in Florida by myself for 3.5 years.  I greatly miss my husband, friends, family and my social life.

We're finally on the brink of having our family under the same roof.  Permanently.  I don't even know what that will be like, but we can't wait to find out.  2016 our expectations are high!


Happy New Years!!

Love,



No comments:

Post a Comment