I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Norah June: 9 Months






Weight and Height: 20 lbs 0 oz and 27 inches long

Eyes and Hair: Bright blue eyes and lots of blonde hair

Diapers: Size 3

Clothes: 6-9 months/9 months

Eating: BF 5-6 times and eating 2-3 solid meals a day (sometimes)

Sleeping: 9-12 hours straight through like a BOSS






We started out this month with another big change, Dad went back to Oklahoma to start his 4th semester of law school!  We had to get back in the swing of things with just us two.  We have a great routine down, so we transitioned pretty smoothly.  Only two more months making it on our own.  We can do it.



Big month for my love.  First she now has TWO teeth!  Luckily it hasn't affected her eating or sleeping, but she is occasionally extra fussy.  I can't blame her though, those suckers are sharp!  Because of the new additions she's been extra fond of her pacifier (which she NEVER took until now to chew on).  She also likes frozen waffles to teeth on (built in drool cups).




The next big milestone is our baby is CRAWLING!!  I can't believe it.  I'd hope she'd wait until 9 - 10 months but hey, we're at her mercy.  She's army crawling right now, but I'm working with her to be strong and coordinated enough to crawl on all fours.  I can't leave things on the floor now like I used to, but she's still pretty containable. She started out earlier this month by scooting on her butt, so hilarious!  I can't wait for Daddy to see in March.  She did crawl out of her bedroom and almost reach the stairs.  Scared me pretty bad!




Two weeks ago she crawled to me with a huge grin when I walked into her classroom at daycare to pick her up.  It took awhile because she's a slow crawler at this point, but it completely melted me.  Moments like that make me working all day worth it.




She can wave and clap!  She loves yelling "Dadada".  She screamed it into the phone when I was talking to my husband, and he just melted.  Just last weekend she finally said, "Mama".  Oh my heart.  She signs more but only when we're eating solids.  She can go from sitting to a crawling stance, and just mastered laying down to sitting.  She's pulling up now, ugh.  She's very comfortable pulling up to her knees and has pulled up now a few times to stand.  I hope she forgets she did it and waits a few more weeks.  She even took a few side steps standing alongside the couch.  No!!

She loves banging her toys on everything!  She enjoys pulling my hair and is obsessed with my flyaways, so funny!  She loves to stand, and gets really mad when I have to walk away and make her sit down.  She loves eating the remote and my cell phone.  She's in a phase where she LOVES games.  She loves peekaboo of any sorts, loves clapping games, "get you" games, tickling games, just any little games.  As you'll soon be able to tell from my photos, she's constantly smiling.  She's so incredibly happy.  She laughs hysterically when she sees her reflection or me in the mirror.  So cute to watch.  I must be doing something right with such a happy babe.


So funny!


We did hit a rough patch this month.  Being a daycare babe I've been awfully impressed with her immune system.  She's only had pink eye and one bad cough that called for antibiotics.  Finally she had her first ear infection, and the poor thing didn't even miss a beat.  The pediatrician was shocked to find her still smiling and cooing with such a nasty infection.  She has a high tolerance for pain and discomfort!  The antibiotics brought diarrhea.  Diarrhea brought a nasty diaper rash.  Now I've forgotten all about the ear infection and focusing on the open sores on her poor cute bottom.  Sigh.


Pediatrician Visit


I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that my baby only has about 3 more months of "babyhood" left.  I'm soaking up every minute I can.  I know my husband is so anxious to have us back so he can love on her while she's still a baby too.  She really is such a light in our lives.  We can't imagine life without our Norah June, nor would we want to.

** Side note, I finally started on her first year photo book(s) and when I got to the first month I was already 30 pages in. EEeekkkkk.  Oh well.  She'll have plenty to choose from for her high school graduation slide show!** No regrets.

Say cheese Norah June!



Daddy loves us.


Always stuck under the couch!



Blue as can be.



Too early in years for this face.

Look at that hair!









Feet crossed

Biggest blow out to date. 


38 Weeks Old!



38 weeks pregnant!

Last pregnant weekly picture



Peekaboo!

Bath time

Goodmorning Norah June


"You keep me safe, I'll keep you wild"

She's obsessed with my flyaways


Daddy daughter date


Waffles picnic style








Graduated to the big girl chair at daycare for her meals


Skinny jean day



Not impressed with broccoli

So rolly and delicious!


Breakfast date in our fancy jammies





She looks like a toddler :( long hair!



These monthlies are hard work now!

Never sits still!






Gentle gentle!

Cat tail!!
First time crawling through the tunnel at school!

So accompished

This night she pulled up ALL on her own!


Hair getting so long



Walked in to wake her up and found this, too cute

Banana

Crawling now on all fours

She loves looking in that mirror



"Mamamama"

9 months strong!





She's a nuzzler


When your thighs can't handle your 9 month onesie

Hello toddler Norah June


2 months vs 8 months



We're really on the downhill slide now to toddlerhood.  Norah June we love watching you GrOw!

No comments:

Post a Comment