I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Norah's First Birthday Party!

We celebrated early, and had Norah June's first birthday this weekend!  Since she's always been my little Florida-born beach baby I thought a mermaid theme would be fun.  I may have a secret obsession too, but who's keeping count?

Thanks to Etsy and Amazon Prime my husband and I had a lot of fun decorating!  Silly, but I was more excited about this party then her first Christmas.  Such a huge milestone for our Norah!


I love the milestone pictures

Seaweed streamers



All about Norah!






We tried to include some healthy options too

Made by Mama

I made this all by myself!  Not bad for a smash cake virgin!

My Favorite!  I may never take it down.

Message in a bottle for her to open on her 18th birthday!

We had such a blast, and so many people came to celebrate with us.  We felt the love for sure!  Before the party we got some parent and grandparent pictures in before the craziness started.







He actually wanted to wear the shirt!



Party time!

Practicing trying to walk!

So close!


Snack time with cousins

Cousin Lena is next!

We went way overboard, but hey, we earned it.


Norah is 1!




Time for presents!








Full house!

Reading her cards




Next my favorite part...cake!!  We changed her into a diaper cover so she didn't ruin her cute outfit.


Ruffle butt




Had to show her it was edible!



Skeptical at first...

SUGAR!








We had to actually take it away from her at the end so she wouldn't get a tummy ache.  Safe to say our girl loves cake!  We chatted and played the rest of the afternoon away.





Sugar High!

Zeus is even smiling!






The party was exhausting, but so rewarding.  We loved having everyone we love under one roof celebrating our most precious little girl.  Norah June we can't wait to see what next year has in store for you!


Happy Birthday to our beloved daughter Norah June McVay!

No comments:

Post a Comment