I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Goodbye 1st Trimester!

What a busy 13 week's it's been!  The busiest this year for sure.  We've hosted 2 graduations, 2 birthday celebrations, 1 gender reveal and 13 weeks of baking our tiny human!



So far I'm feeling pretty normal except the fatigue.  The fatigue was NEVER this severe with Norah's pregnancy.  Each baby/pregnancy is different!  I still am lucking out with no nausea or vomiting.  How do I get so lucky?  The first trimester I struggled with eating healthy though.  All my usual healthy go-to's just made my stomach turn.  Finally I can get back to my protein shakes and usually foods.  Speaking of foods, I've been craving big chef salads and fruit like crazy!!  So funny because strong cravings didn't start with my last pregnancy until the 3rd trimester.

I'm still CrossFitting 3-5 times a week (when my school schedule allows) and running a few times a week.  In fact, at 9 weeks I placed in my first CF competition!  And just yesterday I had fun making up Murph with a weighted vest!  Don't worry, I'm slowing down for sure and no more maxing out but that doesn't mean couch potato time for me.  My last pregnancy I was still WODing the day before I went into labor at 38 + 0 weeks, so I know it's doable as long as I'm cautious, listen to my body and recover smartly.


Murph!

11 Weeks

At my first doctor's appt 3 weeks ago I asked about a specialized blood test that reveals the gender, and luckily our insurance covers it!  It's called Harmony and mainly is a more precise screening tool for genetic abnormalities, but as a bonus can detect gender as well.  I got the call about 8 business days later and immediately gave the sealed envelope to my girlfriend to make a balloon box with!  We met our families for dinner at a yummy Italian joint in my hometown and all found out together!








It's a GIRL!!!!!  The dinner was SO much fun!  The anticipation was so great!  We also already had a girl name picked out....and we announced that too at dinner.




Scarlett Kay McVay!  My husband came up with Scarlett (he came up with Norah too!)  He's a good female name selector.  Then we really love the idea of making middle names family names.  We have two great families to pick from and it means so much to keep a namesake alive through generations.  We picked "Kay" for two reasons.  First, Kit's paternal grandmother's first name is Kay.  Secondly my Great Aunt who passed away a few years ago (was so close to my Mom), her first name was Kay as well, so we loved it paired with Scarlett.

Now that we have a clean genetic bill of health, a sex AND name this baby is finally becoming real to us in this crazy chaotic life of ours.  She won't have a huge nursery to come home to, but she'll have 3 pairs of anxious, loving arms to live in until then.  One trimester down, 2 go to!

Scarlett Kay, we can't wait to hold you!

No comments:

Post a Comment