I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Monday, October 28, 2019

McBaby 3: 34 Weeks





Such a big two weeks!  Baby is the size of a pineapple!  Baby is weighing around 5-6lbs and practicing breathing movements already.  This baby is moving ALL the time and I can't get enough.  I'm still feeling generally pretty solid.  My lower back has definitely started to ache a bit so I'm stretching a lot more and really taking the collagen.  I still only get round ligament pain at night but it goes away with walking.  I'm up to 21 pounds gained, so I'm really happy about that!




We had a very busy two weeks.  First we hit OSU Homecoming and Oktoberfest!  It was so much walking, but I just took a lot of breaks and tried to stay on top of the water.  We love this time of year!




We also had both showers (family and work) in one week.  The family shower was so much fun!  We did a taco theme because who doesn't love tacos and queso?  We received all the necessities we needed and then some.  We love getting our family and friends together in one place and are incredibly grateful for their generosity!









My awesome coworkers threw me a little pumpkin themed shower at work too.  We had SO much yummy food, pumpkin bundt cake and awesome gifts that rounded out our list of needs and again, then some!  We're so grateful for everything!




A few days ago we had our last ultrasound before baby is due!  This one determined really what week my c-section date would be scheduled.  The doctor mainly wanted my lower uterine segment ultrasounded to make sure the area where my old incision scar was wasn't thinning out like my last pregnancy.  To my surprise, everything checked out great!  My scar site isn't thinning and my cervical length is nice and long, and cervix closed!  They did measure baby about 1.5 weeks ahead (around 6.1 pounds already) so baby is measuring 84th percentile which really surprised us.  I typically grow pretty petite babies.  I'm also border lined too much fluid (polyhydraminos), so combine a big baby with extra fluid and no wonder my belly is this huge at 34 weeks!  The tech got a great shot of our little one's chubby face and of course, Dad's signature nose!






I finally got all the two older girl's clothes sorted, boxed and labeled.  Huge accomplishment!  We have the wooden bassinet my Grandpa made for me when I was a baby brought downstairs and just need to make space for it in our room.  Next weekend we'll get the infant car seat installed!  I don't know why, but that always is a reality hitter for me.  When I see the car seat in the car it means it's almost game time!  I'll also start setting things aside for my hospital bag next weekend.

I can't believe next week is November which means...BIRTH MONTH!  Also, we got our maternity pictures back, here are some of our favorites!














No comments:

Post a Comment