I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Sunday, December 30, 2012

DIY Chalkboard

I bought a cheap frame from a flea market, chalkboard paint from Lowe's, paintbrush, and a piece of plywood to nail to the back of the frame.



For the mounting strap on the back of the frame, I hit up Hobby Lobby and for $1 they put one on there in 5 minutes. Yes please!

Next apply 3 coats of paint to your board.


Let it dry very well. Then nail it or glue it to your frame. Total this probably weighed 20-30lbs so I put an anchor in the wall to hold it better.


 Then tada! DIY cute chalkboard. In a store this would have run me about $75-$150.

Frame - $20
Paint  - $13 (have plenty left for more projects)
Plywood - $8
Brush - $2
Nails - $0 (had lying around)

Total = $43 That's why I chose to make it instead of buying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment