I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Monday, April 15, 2013

1 Year of Service


It's been officially one year since Kit and I loaded up the truck and headed to live in San Angelo, TX. I can't believe it's been a year. I started my seven month course at Goodfellow AFB while Kit worked off and on in OK flying back for weeks at a time. That course was the toughest experience I've ever gone through. I came home numerous times crying from frustration, questioning if I had it in me to really do my job, but my kick ass classmates and supportive husband lifted me up and gave me the confidence. I'm still working on issues briefing, but they say public speaking is one of the things people fear most so I'm not alone. Then came graduation! More bitter than sweet I would say.



I had to say goodbye to my family that was forged in tears, stress, long long hours and support. We all formed an amazing bond that I'm not sure even time will tear apart. It was especially hard saying goodbye to my two favorite girls.

Then came the next chapter, hello Florida and the Florida Air National Guard that would be my new employer! No I'm not guard, still active duty, I just work for the guard. Complicated I know!


 I really enjoy my job and what I've done this far. It's challenging and difficult at times, but it always keeps me on my toes and always digging deeper for answers. The people are amazing, and in that alone I can't say how blessed I continue to find myself in that arena. No matter what you do, if the people you work with are caring, hard working, honest, and just kick ass....then you'll enjoy your job a whole helluva lot more. I was extremely blessed in TX and it hasn't stopped here. The men and women I work with always keep me laughing, are helpful, extremely intelligent and so incredibly hard working. I couldn't ask for anything more. May the AF Gods continue to bless this lucky Lt.




My First Day - 15 April 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment