I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Hold Up

The McVays are currently on hold at the moment...it all started with a phone call. Always does.

Yesterday (Wednesday) morning, my husband emailed me asking when a good time to call is. Hmm I thought. This is either really good or really bad news. He is about 9.5 hours ahead so at lunch time it's about 10pm there, and he's an early bedtimer, so this must be important. He called me during my lunch break to tell me that everyone else is coming home...except him. Instead of getting replacements after they leave, thoughts were it'd be more efficent to just have someone stay behind for a couple more months to finish the job and then no one will have to take their place. Fortunately only a handful of people are needed to stay behind, not the whole unit and guess who insisted in staying behind....my dear husband. His best friend is his deployment buddy and has a newborn and 2yr old at home with a full time working wife holding down the fort. The decision was simple for him. He would stay and let his friend head home.

I'm actually ok with this. Yes it sucks. Yes I'm not happy about it, but I can't help but be so damn proud of my this amazing man I call husband. He's one helluva guy and I wouldn't expect anything more. He's more upset at the fact that he got his hopes up of coming home to me, and now having to deal with staying for another two months really upsets him. I can't blame him. It's starting to feel like he'll never come home, but I know that's not true. I just need to be patient. He'll be home late this summer which is still better than his original return date in October.

I will use these extra months to get closer to my weight goal, save more money (with him working longer = more $$!!) and utilize this extra time to better plan our homecoming trip. I really believe in everthing happening for a reason, and this might lend to help you knowing why. On Monday, I received word that to apply for the AF PA program, I still needed to take two more college classes as prerequisites. One is a simple class that I can take online, the other is a rather difficult science class with a lab. When I work 45 hours a week, who has time for a lab!?! Well that day I found a close by college that offered the class portion online and the lab from 5p-7:30p. It couldn't have been more perfect. I can have my cake and eat it too. And guess when the dates are for this course? Mid June to mid July...it ends when Kit is due home. I found this class before I knew about Kit's hiccup. I'm definitely not happy about my husband's delay, but maybe I needed it to keep concentrated on my goals a little longer. Maybe I needed this, we needed this and somehow with some hope and encouragement this life of ours will be everything we ever wanted.

Everything happens for a reason.

1 comment:

  1. You both are such incredible people that I am so lucky to call my friends. I am so proud of you both!

    ReplyDelete