I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Monday, May 27, 2013

Benchmark #4: Mom Pays a Visit

My first four day weekend of the year and guess who pays me a visit...my mom! I've been looking forward to this for awhile, especially since my dad, brother and his fiance have already visited and it just hasn't' felt right that she hadn't seen FL too. These are some pictures from our long weekend!

Day #1

First stop, tour around the AF base a a peek at her own private beach!

Next stop, lunch on PCB

Mom tried her first raw oysters...she loved them

Then we hung around to see the spectacular show

Her first beautiful FL sunset
 Day #2

We started the day off by renting kayaks from base and paddling around the bay, so much fun! Also another first for my mom! Then we packed our gear up and headed to Mexico Beach City, about 20 min away from my house, for our first beach day.


She loved it

I loved it too!


Lounge chairs, ice chest and a great view!

Soaking up the sunshine
Ended the day with a roof top dinner at Uncle Ernie's by the bay with a great view on the sunset and then hit Club LaVeela so that my mom could say she's been to the largest nightclub in the US.

Day #3

We were both pretty red after our first full day so we decided to take it easy and run around town to site see and shop. We did start the day off with a hike in conservation park! Then ended the day with dinner at a fancy restaurant Firefly's, another beautiful sunset on the beach and capped it with a honky tonk bar called Tootsie's!


The prettiest sunset her whole trip
Day #4

Mom's last day had come :( . We decided on one more beach day ,but this time on PCB by the pier for premium people watching opportunities. We snagged the perfect spot under the pier so that we had ample shade and sun when we wanted it. Perfect.





Clearest water you've ever seen
Finally, we ate dinner at Toucan's for our last FL sunset!


I'm so glad she took the time/money off work to come see me. It really meant a lot and I'm always up for more visitors!

2 comments:

  1. I just love your relationship with your mom! I think you two are just perfect. On a side note, I want to try oysters!

    ReplyDelete