I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Anchors Away 6k

Today I ran my first trail 6k! I've ran the distance many times before but just never done a 6k race. It was out at one of my favorite hiking parks, Conservation Park. My troop at work who's an even more bigger running addict than I, mentioned doing this race, and they gave out shirts so I was in! I love racing shirts.



Queing up the tunes


Let's get ready to rumble!

Finished in 36:57
My troop came in 5th overall and 1st in his age/gender division so we stayed around for awards. To my big suprise, I placed for my first time! 2nd place for my age/gender divison! There were a little over 100 people in this race, so I was pretty proud of myself.



Moral of this blog, is get out and try new things! All I wanted was a nice run and cool shirt to add to my collection and I ended up with placing for my very first time ever. Active.com is a great website to find local races and of course the internet is wonderful too. Lace up those shoes, pull on the spandex and get out there! You never know what will happen...and you just might like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment