I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Monday, June 10, 2013

Weight Loss Update June

Ah June, that means summertime is officially upon us! If I didn't need more motivation, bathing suits and beach days sure remind me of what my goal is!

This month I really didn't lose anything, but I did recover very quickly from my mom's visit in which we ate out twice a day. I just keep thinking eventually I'll get there! About 20 more to go! I did sucessfully manage in weights into my weekly routine. This has been on my list for a couple months, but change is tough and I was pretty resistant. I love the feeling that I get afterwards, that feeling that I'm growing stronger. Another tweek that I've made is added more calories to my daily intake. Eventually I need to be at a point where I'm not only taking in 1300 calories because one day I'll be at my ideal weight. I'll be out of that weight loss mode and into my maintaining mode. To ease myself into that caloric window, I'm slowly adding addition calories to my budget over time, little by little so that I don't gain weight from suddenly eating a lot than what I'm used to. Now my intake went from about 1300 to 1400 and guess what? I'm liking it a lot more. I'm not sure if it's the added weights regime or additional energy for my body but I'm noticed I'm more consistent, less up and down. Even when I have my spurlge meals, my weight stays consistent, making me one happy camper.


I always like to share awesome new foods/snacks that I come across, so this month here are some goodies I discovered and love!



Both of these Odwalla drinks have less than 200 calories per bottle, no additional sugar added (so only sugar is from the fruits/veg) and each bottle contains 1.5 serving of fruit and 1.5 serving of vegtables. I like these most when I'm short on time in the morning or needing a pick me up in the afternoon before a workout.


Larabar bars are fabulous. The main reason is because these bars have less than 5 ingrediants each AND they're all things you know and can pronounce! No preservations, added chemicals, MSG, HFCS or added sugar. These aren't necessary low in calories, most being between 170-220 but it's nice to have a fresh, simple snack on hand.

As for exercising, I already mentioned that I added weights 2-3 times a week. This last month I also eased off running a little due to my upcoming PT test for work.

Physical Training Fitness Test Results:

Waist: 29.5 inches (same as last year)
1.5 Mile Run: 12:31 (20 sec faster than last years!)
Pushups in 1 min: 47 (2 more than last year, finally maxed out)
Situps in 1 min: 54 (maxed out)

By maxing out it means you've done the max amount of reps to receive the max amount of points. Even if you do more you don't get anymore points, so I always like to stop at the max number. Why tire myself out more for the run when I don't have to? Last year I took this in TX, about 2 months into tech school. I weighed 138lbs. This year I'm exactly 10lbs heavier, 148 and still maintained my 29.5 in waist, maxed out push/sit ups and even got faster on my run. Today wasn't all about being skinny...it was about being fit. And after this I definitely believe I'm more fit now, than I was at 138. Don't get me wrong, I still want to lose weight, but it defintely makes me feel better about myself, that all my hardwork that isn't showing up in my weightloss numbers, is showing up elsewhere. My grand total score was 97.6%, last years was 96.4%. This is my highest score on record to date. Go Andie!

Until next month!

1 comment:

  1. Weights did the same thing for me!! I love how I feel after weight training! Keep it up! Grrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete