I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

First Days Together

I'll blog about our homecoming experience later, but for now I want to focus on our first week together. It's definitely been an adjustment, and not all just romance and roses. I haven't slept well since he's been home, since I'm trying to re-adjust to co-sleeping with someone in the same room again. I laugh now when I find the toilet seat up and find patience when I find foreign dirty clothes all over the house. Literally...all over the house! I'm sure he's readjusting big time, but I won't speak for him. Yes there have been some new changes to get used to, but besides all that it's amazing to have him home. We've never had a normal here, so this life we're establishing here together is totally new. It's exciting, new, fresh and just what we've waited for for so long. We're finally a family again and we're cherishing every moment together. We've also had the opportunity to explore our hometown together and hit the beaches!

After bringing him home, we threw on our game day tees and hit the ocean for the first time!



Our first day back consisted of a walk on the beach, seeing his first college football game of the season, pizza for dinner (his choice) and ended the day with a ferocious thunderstorm. It. Was. Perfect.

Second day home I insisted on visiting the quaint town of Seaside!







We rented bikes and rode 8 miles to Seaside. We were a tad sweaty, but it was worth it. Then we threw suits on and played in the water.








White Crab! 

Afterwards we went to Mexico Beach with the pup to see his first beach sunset here at home.








Missed this man

This picture just captures so simply, the loves of my life. 





I know I took a record amount of pictures just in such a short time, but I feel this need to make up for the last year we were apart. That we didn't make a single memory together. I know our time is limited here in Florida, and we want to remember every moment we can.

I don't believe in happily-ever-after, but I do believe in happily-than-we'd-ever-been.

2 comments:

  1. You guys have lots of family time and pictures to catch up on. Enjoy every moment. Another perk of this military lifestyle: we take no family moment for granted. You two have earned some down time together. I'm truly happy you're finally reunited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt that same need to make up for time with Evelyn after Rowan passed. I knew she'd been left while we were in St. Louis and just felt like it was time to dive in and make up for the time we didn't get with her or the experiences we missed out on because we couldn't leave the house or because we were in the hospital all the time.

    It took a solid 8 months before the pressure of making up for lost time finally started to ease itself. Truth told though, I loved the way we spent that time. So lean in girl! Embrace that need and the impulses you have! It's nice to see complete pictures of your family.

    ReplyDelete