I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Homecoming

Homecoming. I can FINALLY write about this day! I counted down so long for it to come, and it was perfect. I actually didn't find out he was flying home when he did until the day before. The Army likes things last minute I suppose. We had the incredible luck of having a photographer last minute, on a Saturday be able to snap a couple pictures of our favorite memory of 2013, we were pretty lucky.
Photos at airport by: Sonja Revells Photography in PCB!



Saturday, September 14th

First, I made sure the house was decorated to properly welcome him home as a permanent visitor for the first time!




Also I had to make him a sign, so he knew where to go for his first kiss home!


Then I trekked out to the airport, butterflies in my stomach the entire time. I woke up that day anxious, nervous, and so excited! Even more excited that I was on my wedding day. The excitement grew when I pulled up to the airport and received a little text, " I JUST LANDED!"

I was so excited that I missed the short-term parking turn completely. I ended up at the terminal drop off lane where you, under no circumstances, are suppose to leave your vehicle unattended....oops!! Screw this, I'm parking! The security guard saw me, walked over to scold me I'm sure, but then he saw my sign, the tears in my eyes... That gracious man just let me walk right through the doors with a wink and a smile.



Then came the wait to see his face. And to have our first kiss that we waited almost 11 months to happen.













People passing by stopped, clapped and cried with us. It was a moment in our lives that we won't soon forget.


He finally got around to reading my sign, haha!









The military life is what we both swore in for. To serve, to deploy, to wait and do whatever is needed. The military is definitely responsible for the worst day of our lives, having to say goodbye in that small Texas airport. It was almost more than we both could bear. But the military is also responsible for the best day of our lives, hands down, this day. Most people declare their wedding day is their happiest memory. We both agree that this day...was the best moment in time we've had together. Without the military, without the bad she first drug us through, we'd of never experienced the amazing, life changing good.

Welcome Home SSG McVay!

1 comment:

  1. I got the tears and butterflies just reading about this moment. Josh and I felt the same way that homecoming day was better than the wedding day. Your blog today reminds me I have a wonderful day to look forward to. This military life can be quite the roller coaster but, despite the those sickening lows, I still say the highs are worth it. Glad you two are done with that roller coaster for now. You definitely need a break in between. It takes a lot out of you! Happy homecoming kit and andie! Love you both

    ReplyDelete