I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Disney World




Since moving to Florida, Disney World has held a spot on our bucket list since it's only a half day drive away. We signed up for a half marathon through Disney World (also on our bucket list) and decided to take advantage of the time there and see Magic Kingdom too. We went at the end of Feb, and it was perfect timing. The longest we waited for a ride was 18 minutes (yes we timed it just to see). The crowds were very minimal and the weather was a fantastic 71 degrees. I highly recommend going during the time we did.

Disney World Princess Half Marathon

The race started at 5:30am and with a race with 18,000 people signed up we knew we needed to leave in plenty of time so our day started at 2:00am. 

Need to spice it up with crazy tights and a skirt!


Once we got there, we headed to our corral and didn't actually start the race until 6:30am due to the huge crowd. I've never seen so many women at a race before. My poor husband definitely felt the heavy estrogen in the air that morning. The route took us through Magic Kingdom and Epcot. The path was beyond packed and there were about 80% walkers so the race became frustrating at times being many people were only in it to walk and not actually run. I consider my husband and I serious runners and this was not a race for serious runners. It was a fun time and we're glad we did it, but we won't do it again. Our third half marathon conquered together! Afterward we showered, ate a huge breakfast and lugged our sore bodies to Magic Kingdom to see the sites!



Ran by the castle

Epcot

My finisher

McBadAsses


Magic Kingdom

This happened to be my first time ever at Disney World! I was beyond excited. We spent the rest of our day walking around the park, riding rides, and of course I took pictures of everything!

Finally made it, only took 26 years!


I insisted on a Mickey ear picture.






Even Mickey is a Braves Fan!


Our first ride




He thought the Small World was Meh...

I thought it was creepy!


Treehouse

Treehouse


Ride to Tom Sawyer's Island!




Exploring the island


Barrel Bridge

Island got two thumbs up from us





We were definitely the minority without little ones, but we enjoyed the freedom along with it. One day we might bring our McBabies here, but in the mean time we're loving our adventures just being the two of us. Disney World was definitely magical, even more so because of who I experienced it with. Another adventure checked off the bucket list!



No comments:

Post a Comment