I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

28 Weeks: Hello Third Trimester!




We made it to the last 1/3 hurdle to meeting our baby girl!  I can't believe how quickly this has went!  It seriously seems like April 1st was just a few months ago.  We're SO excited!!


First Bump Picture!

2nd Trimester


3rd Trimester


This month has been a great one...mostly.  I did sadly break my streak of never throwing up with a pregnancy during labor day weekend.  My poor husband was a ROCKSTAR and cleaned up puke, no questions asked.  Bless him!  Then I had fun diarrhea and acid reflux...all in the same week!  All these symptoms are new to me, but definitely expected.  Each pregnancy brings it's own unique gifts haha!  On the bright side I've lost 5lbs, so my OB will love that.

Scarlett is moving and kicking constantly.  I feel like Norah didn't move this consistently, but time dampens the mind so who really knows!  I do know it's my FAVORITE thing about being pregnant, is feeling the little life move inside me all the time.  There's just something so magical about it.  She's measuring at 2 and 1/4lbs and only has about a month left before her lungs are delivery ready!

28 Weeks with Norah vs Scarlett


My MIL has great taste!


I had to glance back at my old blog pregnant with Norah at 28 weeks and it seemed this last trimester held all the challenges that the first two didn't.  I hope that's not the case this pregnancy, but probably so!  For instance, last pregnancy at 29 weeks I had my first trip to the hospital for contractions.  Crazy!  This pregnancy thus far has really been nice and uneventful.  Here's hoping it stays that way!

Last baseball game of Summer

Bump + PSL



Speaking of, we've decided to go ahead and keep our current OB.  AND she scheduled our c-section date/time already!  We're so excited, but we both don't think I'll make it until then.  Time will tell!




Beside some nausea and GI issues, I've been feeling pretty to myself mostly.  I over did it with some rope climbs and pulled my round ligament, so I'm resting up a bit from that.  I'm constantly learning what I can handle and what I can't, and it's a challenge!  Luckily no damage was done and I'm scaling back more in CrossFit.  Mama has to keep healthy for recovery!  I have been spotting the last few weeks, but my OB checked me out and I'm still high, tight and closed so she's just recommending rest, water and relaxation.









Last week we finally found out my husband passed his bar exam and is officially and finally a lawyer!!  Very exciting and so proud of him!  Also I take my RN boards next week, then I'll be a BSN FINALLY!  Many exciting things happening and so glad to be getting all this wrapped up before baby comes.  We're SO proud of him!  I'm going to try to do weekly bump dates from here on out because it seems like this last trimester is definitely the most eventful and changes happen so quickly!  Plus you just NEVER know when that last bump date will be our last <3


Newest lawyer in Tulsa! And shout out to StitchFix for the nursing top I'm sporting!

Oh and as if we didn't have enough on our plate (I feel like I keep saying this!), we've lightly started to house hunt for this first time?? So Insane!!  It's time consuming.  It's exciting and exhausting!  We're aren't in any huge rush because we could easily stay put until I start my job this Spring, but we wanted to see what our money could buy on a cheap budget, so if we find the right one the McVays may make a move again!

Again, I can't believe we're less than 3 months out from being a family of FOUR!  Plus, um...Thanksgiving is less than 3 months away??  Geez!  I have a few Christmas gifts already bought because I know this season will creep up on us sooner than we think, and luckily we don't buy for many people these days like we used to.  My husband already promised to do most of the Christmas baking!  This holiday season will be the most sleepless and best yet!  We just can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment