I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Thursday, September 21, 2017

29 Weeks: Scarlett Kay

We're into single digit week countdown now!  We're estimating about 9 weeks to go!  No cute bump photo this week because we were SO busy this week!!  Scarlett is now the lovely size of a butternut squash!  She's between 2.5-3 pounds and now building up her fat storage!

Hiking while visiting Grandma and Jack!

I had an OB appt and glucose test this week!  First the appointment went great.  She's growing right on track and heart is strong.  Now I'm going every two weeks!  Next, my glucose test wasn't as lucky.  The doctor always wants it at 140 or below when they draw your blood and my glucose reading was 146, boo!!  So for the first time I have to do the 3 hour test.  UGH!  No one has time for that!!  Ah well, whatever I need to do.




This week our family had SO much going on!  I finally had my huge final test that stood in the way of myself and being an actual nurse.  The dreaded NCLEX!  I've been studying since the beginning of August.  I tested Tuesday afternoon and finished in 98 questions (min is 75, max is 265).  I found out yesterday I PASSED!!! Andrea McVay, BSN RN.  I can't believe it!!




The same day I found out my results we decided to put in an offer on a home we really loved.  This is our second time to bid for a home so it was easier to not get our hopes up as much.  The first time the sellers didn't even counter us, they just accepted the competitions offer.  It made us so sad!  So this time we were guarded and literally expecting anything to happen.  Our awesome realtor called us that evening to tell us...the sellers accepted our first offer over the competition's!!! WHAT!?!?!  It was almost too much good news to handle in one day.  My husband and I just grinned and stared at each other.  Holy Sh*t!! LOL We're so excited to buy our first home!!  The timing is pretty close to the delivery of our Scarlett, but we're excited nonetheless.  I'll be 35 weeks along when we close!  Eekk!  Here's a few peeks at the hopefully first, new McVay Nest!







If everything works out right we'll get to bring home our baby girl to our first home, celebrate Thanksgiving and our first Christmas as a family of 4 here!  We're so excited to get going, and NOT excited about packing haha.


Such a nice guy!



Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment