I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

St Andrews, Florida and Spring Cleaning Weekend

I had the chance to venture out a bit from Panama City and visit St Andrews! It's a little community only 30 minutes away, and I went there for their famous dockside farmer's market.


I also dropped into a local coffee house. This place takes cash only, has tables for doors and displays all their baked goods for all to see. My kind of place! With chai latte in hand I took a stroll through the Oak's Park near the coast.


I also FINALLY got our guest room cleaned out, unpacked and put together. This is a room that I've had the door shut on since the mover's left in November. Out of sight out of mind right? Well I'm finally having visitors next week so I couldn't put it off any long. Now that the rest of the house is mostly unpacked this room didn't seem as daunting. Before and after!



 The three vertical bookshelves were left here when we moved in, so I saw online how to move them around to make a bench seat. Tried it and I love it! Eventually we want to paint this room a shade of grey, add a persian rug and remove the nailed in wall shelves to the left, but that is all waiting for when the husband comes home! All in all, a busy and exciting weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Guest room looks awesome! How long you guys living there? I do like Panama City Beach ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should be here for another 2.5 years! Come on down!

      Delete