I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Friday, March 22, 2013

Thrice Is SO Nice

March 11, 2013 my day started early. Very early. Like 1 a.m. kind of early. I of course, was fast asleep when my phone rang. I've been trained since my husband left to wake up to calls now out of a dead sleep and answer quickly. It was my husband. He never calls this late (my time) so in my confused state I thought the worst. Out came many questions like, "Are you ok? What happened? Is everything alright?" Kit, "Yes yes everything is fine. Sorry for waking you up but I wanted you to hear this before you read it on Facebook or something. I'm coming home in May."

Ugh...what!?! My first thought was, is this real? Because I've had many dreams like this in the past. He's not due home until October and there's no way we could have lucked out this big. Think again, because we did!! He put me under strict orders of no posting anything to family or Facebook until the next day. So what does a girl do when her fellow Army wife is surely asleep with two babies...she calls her up-all-night best friend. Sorry Kit, I broke the rules...I told, but I swore her to secrecy. I had to tell someone! Who has wishes come true at 1 a.m. on a Monday morning?!! I cried, I screamed, I jumped up and down and then my mind wouldn't shut off with all the thoughts of how our extra five months together would be spent. Most men who deploy in other services know when they'll be home. The Army doesn't really play that game. They deploy their soldiers then always give the families "estimates". Well I'm grateful for whatever powers at be sent him home early!

A couple hours later I passed a job qualifying test at work, and made my way through my day with a huge grin telling everyone who would listen that my husband is coming home early!

After work I check the mail to find...a letter from Kit. Holy hell did I score big today. I know he's written letters to me, but so much time has passed I assumed they all got lost in the mail. I was pretty upset about it. I really looked forward to them, and viewed them as the only bit of romance we could still have while we were separated. I love it, it's perfect and I'll keep it forever. Our boys will tease dad and tell him how sappy and lame he his while our girls will swoon and wish for a letter of their own one day. 

Today was the best day of 2013 I've had yet....until May comes around.... :)


2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about this!!!! May is so close! I felt super relieved when I found out he was coming home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love war letters. Josh and I always write each other letters to give one another we we part to read after we are on our own. We keep them and they get really worn down bc we carry them with us and get re-read over and over lol but they are letters we will always cherish. Evenone we framed from field training :)

    ReplyDelete