I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Muscle Gained is a Pound Lost

It's  almost January! Or what other's know it as "Fitness Goal Month"

As I've blogged before, I've really been getting back into fitness lately. I have some new motivations that are impossible to ignore, so I'm going all out. I wanted to continue to document my journey. I've blogged about progress before, and I'm not stopping until I hit my goal. 

Exercise:
Crossfit 4x's a week
Running 3x's a week (we have a half in Feb!)
1 Rest Day a week

Nutrition:
Protein shake after every intense workout (must if you want to see those muscles grow!)
Eating 2-3 servings of veg/day
Eating 2 servings of fruit/day (too much sugar makes me nausea)
We juice vegetables 2-3 times a week
Lean meat for lunch and dinner (pork chops, ground turkey or chk, chk breat, fish, 97% lean beef)
Little carbs in the evening, most carbs for bfast and lunch

I do calorie count but mostly I like to see the amount of fiber/protein/sugar I'm taking in a day. The muscle confusion cross fit work outs have been awesome on my body. I love the heavy lifting because that's how I'm really seeing the results. I have traps for the first time in my life! Yes women can sport traps. My butt is lifting and as firm as a rock now too. Should be after the average of about 500 squats a week we do....I'm sharing this information in hopes that maybe something I've shared will help you in a way. Help you to reach a long awaited goal. I know what it's like to inspire many family and friends, but never achieve your goal. I'm ready for it to be my turn. I'm also guilty of comparing my body to others. I'm finally training  myself not to think those thoughts. Yes there will always be someone smaller than you, more fit, rocks a bikini better than you...but it doesn't matter. I'm learning to solely focus on me and my body, to not worry if I don't physically "match" up to others. My husband has been a real trooper in this confidence building process. He always says, "Yes they're smaller, but can they dead lift/squat what you can? Can they run as far as you or as fast?" The answer is usually no, and it always puts a smile on my face. It helps to have your own cheer squad! I know I'm fit, even if it doesn't appear so so adamantly on the front cover. I want to be strong, not a size zero. I want to have the strength and stamina to run for miles and miles, not just rock a cute pair of yoga pants. I know my day is coming, and dammit when it comes I'm belting it out to the stars! So watch out, because that blog is a coming!


This blog wouldn't be complete without progress pictures!

Dec 10, 2013

Dec 10, 2013


1 comment:

  1. Damn girl!!! You are looking fantastic!! I love seeing your progress and hearing tips along the way! I want to be strong too!! Beast mode!

    ReplyDelete