I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Friday, January 3, 2014

4th Anniversary

January 1, 2014 makes four years married for The McVays. Four Years! It's crazy all the things two people can experience in four years. 

4 Moves.
3 States.
2 College Graduations.
6 Countries.
1 Dog.
1 Deployment.

I look at this man before me today with more love than I had on that first day I whispered those 3 words to him. How is that possible? I think it's because I feel like I know him so much better now. Time has slowly unveiled his quirks, faults, wonders, strengths, and just purely...him to me. I appreciate him for every single ounce, good or bad. Four years ago I thought I knew the man I was marrying, but standing here today with him beside me, I had no idea the wonderful life partner I was blessed with. He's my biggest fan, listening ear, best kisser, greatest hug giver, most silly make-you-laugh guy, killer uncle, giving, kind, courageous, bow tie wearing husband of mine and I couldn't be more lucky. We've built our life together from the ground up, and we believe the sky is our limit. 

Here are some photos we took today to remember our four years together!






Because we can't be too serious



Love a man in a bow tie

This year I bought him engraved "KKM" cuff links to accessorize his ever growing style.


He gave me a beautiful scrapbook he made, reminding me of our home here together since I'll be leaving for a couple months very shortly. Yes, it made me cry at the restaurant. I don't even care, because it's the sweetest thing ever.



Lastly, I made him a mounted travel map to document places we've been together, plan to go and dream of going. He's been wanting one for awhile, so I was glad to make one for us.



Dinner at our favorite place, Firefly


We didn't do anything crazy to celebrate our lives together today, but we did exactly what we wanted to do. We spent the day together, took photos, ate a wonderful meal and watched our alumni football team by a roaring fire. We may be low-key homebodies, but at his point who cares. We love our "old-people" ways!

Cheers to four beautiful years together my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment