I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Monday, December 8, 2014

Bumpdate: 16 Weeks




Size of baby: Avocado

Pregnancy Symptoms: Major stomach muscle stretching feelings, facial acne finally mellowed out, breasts not fitting in my usual bras anymore

Things that make me nausea: Chk, pork chops, and ground beef

Cravings: Moscato!

Sleep: Waking up only once  a night for a bathroom break

Exercise: Crossfit 3-4 days a week, yoga once a week, running once/twice a week, 3 mile hike once a week

Baby Movement: None, but hoping for any day now

Weight Gain: 4#'s total


First here's a picture from my 15th week!  I finally had to wear the maternity ABU's.  After I first put them on I kicked myself for not wearing them sooner!  Incredibly comfortable!  I still laugh at myself every morning when I put them on.  There's just nothing quite like a pregnant women in camo.


15 Weeks

We're four months along now!  Have I really been making a human for four months already?!  I'm still feeling really great!  People ask me, expecting this horror story filled with sprints to the bathroom, explosions of vomit and horrible pains.  I disappoint them every time.  In fact, if I hadn't stopped having my period and kept a flat tummy I'd never know I was pregnant!  

The last week my husband and I have really been hitting the naming game hard.  We're coming up quick on Christmas Eve and our gender reveal appointment, so it's been at the forefront of our minds.  We have a girl name settled on, but the boy name is a fight to the death right now.  So of course, my bet is it's a boy!  I can't wait to be able to put a gender and name to our child.  Apart from peeing on that first positive pregnancy test, I think the gender reveal will one of the most exciting times during this pregnancy.  I count our blessings too that I'm able to share that moment with my husband.  He's missing out on so much, but at least we can share this special moment together.

The last couple of weeks I've really been sticking to my guns with my workouts.  I'm petrified of gaining an obscene amount of weight during my pregnancy, so the only logical way I can think to avoid this is to eat healthy and wholesome when I can (I'm still having pizza once a week dammit!), and to keep consistent on my workouts while I'm able.  I know there will come a time where my body will probably be so huge, swollen and uncomfortable that my normal routine will just no longer be logical, so I'm really trying to take advantage of the time while I have it.  I psyche myself up before every workout with the thought I'm training for a challenge.  This challenge will be like no other I've ever experienced.  The length of time is unknown, but when I'm bearing down after hours of labor trying to deliver our precious baby into this world I want to be as physically ready as I can be.  I'm thinking of delivery as my "race day", and every workout from here on out is training for that big day.  I don't know if it will help honestly when it comes to the big day, but it can't hurt!

Another milestone I'm very excited to hit is feeling our little one's first movement inside me.  I've read that with first time pregnancies it take sometimes up to 20 weeks, but usually it's between 15 and 17 weeks.  I hope this week I feel it!  Then I hope soon after Daddy can feel it too.

We still are being very good about not buying anything yet even though the baby aisle I swear calls my name every time I'm in a department store!  We only have the crib, dresser, mattress and a baby blanket I scored months ago with our nursery colors we want.  Once we know the gender, it will be so hard not to go baby shopping like crazy.  My best friend keeps telling me to wait until after the baby showers, so we will try!

Happy 4 Months to us!

Needed some sun on my frosty white bump!

Squadron Christmas Party

4 wks, 12 wks, 16 wks

No comments:

Post a Comment