I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Monday, December 29, 2014

Bumpdate: 19 Weeks and the New Year!




Size of baby: Mango

Pregnancy Symptoms: Restless nights

Things that make me nauseous:  An empty stomach

Cravings: Sonic's chili and cheese tots

Sleep: Restless and peeing once a night

Exercise: Slow since the hubs is home

Baby Movement: Nothing

Total Weight Gain: No update, haven't weighed

Week two that my husband is home, so I've been in marital bliss to say the least.  I know that when he comes home it's going to be amazing, but I forget just how wonderful it is until he's here.  I haven't stopped smiling or laughing since I picked him up from the airport.  I missed my best friend terribly.

We're one week away from being halfway, and still this pregnancy is progressing smoothly.  I don't see the doctor for another 3 weeks, so no new medical updates until then.  We did get the nursery started and it makes this pregnancy seem all the more real!

My husband and I have been pretty thrify this week.  By that I mean we've hit the 3-4 Goodwill's in our area and even hit one in Destin with great luck.  This is what we've scored for Norah and Mommy:

1 x bouncy seat (Ingenuity Signature Edition Automatic Bouncer) for $15 (brand new $62.99)


5 x swaddling/receiving blankets for $10 (brand new $5-8/each)

4 x Nursing bras all for $8 (brand new at least $60 for all)

1 x Maternity shorts $5 (brand new $20)

1 x Nursing cami $2 (found this exact one at Motherhood the next day brand new for $24.95)

1 x Maternity LBD $6 (originally at Target for $24.95)

1 x Stork Craft glider & ottoman set $85 ($185.00 brand new)



So by my calculations I saved about $275.00 just by purchasing second-hand items.  Don't worry for my friends and family out there, I'm leaving plenty to be desired on our online Amazon registry.  Lucky for me I'll be in my third trimester during spring time so I'm hoping for some great garage sale steals after my baby showers.  If I don't have to pay full price for a baby/maternity items, then I definitely want to take advantage of it. This mommy wants to save the money she earns as much as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment