I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Bumpdate: 17 Weeks





Size of baby: Onion

Pregnancy Symptoms: Slight breakouts again and lower back pain

Things that make me nauseous: Cat puke, sugary foods (so weird and sad)

Cravings: Sushi, wine and coffee

Sleep: Sleeping straight through the night this week

Exercise: Crossfit 4 times this week, running twice and yoga once

Baby Movement: Zero

Total Weight Gain: Lost some so back to 3.5 lbs


This week my husband finally finished his first semester of law school, and got to fly home for Christmas break!  All four of us (Zeus included) couldn't be more excited.  Our time together as a family is so limited, so when we're all together it's like a holiday everyday.

Kit snapped this of me when I picked him up from the airport!

Our gender ultrasound appointment is in one week, and we can't stop thinking about it!  I've seen our McNugget a few times on the ultrasound machine, but for some reason this upcoming appointment feels like we're finally getting to meet the baby for the first time.  Along with finding out the gender comes the daunting task of naming the little Ma'am or Sir!  It's been the hardest task thus far.  We came together on a girl name within a day.  Easy.  The boy name is a whole other battle.  My husband is the old-fashioned naming type, and he likes simple.  I, on the other hand, am the woman who named her animals Ichabod, Artemis and Zeus.  My boy names are a bit more on the eccentric side.  I know we'll find a middle ground, and who knows McNugget could be a little girl!

We both feel pretty strongly that I'm carrying our son, and not a little girl.  It's just a hunch, but it's enough that we've both became slightly attached to the idea of a little Kit running around.  If that's the case than I'm perfectly at peace with being outnumbered 3 to 1 in our family!

I'm still feeling overall really good.  I rode 16 miles on a bike last weekend, and since then my lower back has been achy.  I can't quite shake it, so I'm hoping I didn't bring on the pregnancy lower back pain early.  I've noticed my appetite is decreasing a bit, especially during the evening.  I held up my own in a team WOD this week to raise toys for kids for Christmas!  This momma can still slaughter 85# power cleans!



 I've noticed too that now when I lay down, McNugget is poking through!  I love it, and can't wait to watch the bump grow.


Zeus is anxious to feel it move too!


The sun came out this week, so I decided to lay out, but I think it's time for a bigger bathing suit soon!



I reached my goal of getting our middle bedroom cleared out before the hubs came come!  Hopefully next bumpdate I'll have some nursery pictures to start posting! Mommy's nesting mode is in full swing this month.

Dad and big brother dig story time!

No comments:

Post a Comment