I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Benchmark 1, Check!

As I've blogged before, my husband and I set benchmarks for myself. These are to help me get through this long time but not focus so much on calender days but instead events. These give me things to focus on and look forward to. A year is a long time to be without your person. We'll spend every holiday apart except for Christmas. It's so tough because a lot happens in a year, and for your person to miss out is a tough pill to swallow. Hopefully with the changing times and budget cuts, they'll limit these suckers to only 4-6 months instead! But until then, we established benchmarks. I highly recommend them.

1. Month long training in Destin, FL (January)
2. Trip Home (February)
3. Family Visiting (March)
4. Mom Visiting (May)
5. Bestie Visiting (July)
6. Me Visiting a Bestie (August)
7. AF Full Marathon in Ohio (September) --> My first full!

As you can see we have something for me almost every month. Thank you for everyone who is involved in this, we really appreciate it! I know it takes time and money to either come visit or make time for me and I appreciate it more than I can express. This has really shown us the amount of love and support we have around us and all over the country.

I just experienced my first benchmark! It was fun having a little mini-vacation to Destin, FL! The best thing about it was the companionship. My husband always tells me I could make friends in a cardboard box. He tells me I'm a very friendly, approachable person and make friends wherever I go. I don't see anything wrong with that! I made friends immediately there, and we had great times exploring ocean-side bars, restaurants and shopping! It was the first time since coming to Florida that I had "people". I soaked up every minute of it. Here are some pictures of Destin, FL!









Also, something I've received this month was my very own care package. As military wives we send them out all the time, but never expect to receive one. My MIL is amazing, supportive and just an incredible support system all on her own. She has sent me a few and I'm so very thankful for it. She'll send pictures of my husband, Oklahoma food products that I crave and crafts to keep my idle hands busy! I also received a little something from Kit's sweet cousin:


Thank you so much! I love it :) This month has been full of support, friends and good times. January went by quick! Can't say I'm sad to see her go.

1 comment:

  1. I love Benchmarks! Seriously I use them just in general lol! They came in quite handy when Shawn and I were long distance and when counting down to Seattle. I can't wait for number 6 and I'm still considering planning a short trip and fitting another benchmark in there!! Love the pics girl, you have talent!

    ReplyDelete