I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Okie City


For the first time since my  husband deployed, I finally had the opportunity to go home for a week! My first stop was seeing my in-laws and meeting my niece for the first time!

Elise Is So Tiny!

Then I braved Enid's first snowstorm to head to Mannford, OK to meet my other "niece" and see my best friend!


Love My Spencer Babies

She Melts My Heart!

So Beautiful

She Sleeps With Her Daddy Close By

The First Baby My Husband and I Fell For..Not A Baby Anymore! Jaxon

I spent the night with them and was lucky enough to accompany Jenna and Payton to her 2 month old appointment! So special. This woman is such an incredibly strong mommy. Not only is she raising a newborn, 2 year old, holding down a full-time job, taking care of their farm...but she does this alone. Her husband along with mine, is deployed. She's an amazing inspiration to me. She is full of dignity and strength, oh I how admire her.

Then back to Enid for family and BF Alex time!

Scary Movie Night

Mom, Me and D-man

Future SIL

Then Enid's second snow storm rolled in...



Luckily my awesome dad braved it enough to get me to El Reno to see my in-laws! Since my husband's parents just moved there this last week, it became a new adventure with new sites to see! I had the opportunity to see where my MIL worked, see where my FIL worked and meet his coworkers and see their new house they just closed on the day before I arrived!

SNOW!


Loving Their Fireplace And Stone Floors

All in all this was a good trip home. A lot of changes have happened since I last visited. Changes that were good, necessary, and some that just plain made me sad. Enid has always ultimately felt like "home" to my heart. This trip was different. Our family home lost it's residents that gave it that feeling, people have moved on and left me with a new outlook on Enid, OK. I didn't find what I came looking for on this trip home, but instead I realized something else. Life doesn't just freeze while you're away. Of course I knew this...but it didn't actually feel real until I witnessed it for myself last week. My parents are divorced and making new lives for themselves. My brother is growing up and building a life of his own (with a new SIL hopefully in my future). My family home isn't that anymore. Maybe it's time I let go of Enid. Maybe it's time I allow a new place to feel and be home. It's time to grow up and fully embrace my family we're building here in Florida. I know our home here doesn't feel like home, but I know it will soon. When he walks through that door this final time, my heart will be at home.


1 comment:

  1. Gosh Andie, are you trying to make us cry? That was freaking beautiful.

    ReplyDelete