I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentine's Day

Our first Valentine's Day apart went relatively unnoticed. His day was like every other day there. He woke up, checked email/Facebook, worked, and ended his day watching a movie with his best friend Wes in their room tucked away in the desert.

I worked the night shift the night before. I mostly avoided Facebook and Instagram. Went to bed at 10am and went back to work at 9pm. Luckily SyFy had a scary movie marathon on, so I was thoroughly occupied at work during the slow hours.

Yes this won't go down in history as amazing, but it won't go down as our worst either. I was comforted knowing that someone loved me and wished he was with me that night. Honestly, what more could you want than to love and be loved in return.

I did get some pretty fabulous pick-me-ups in the mail from him and my amazing family!

Fantastic In-Laws

Husband knows my weakness...irises


Poem in Hawaiian

Lastly, my fabulous VDay date

Next year we talk of doing something very romantic to make up for this one. That one may go down in history as our best, alas something else to look forward to.

1 comment:

  1. You are so strong and amazing! I love the quote "what more could you want than to love and be loved in return". You are so wise my friend.

    ReplyDelete