I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Bumpdate: 10 Weeks - Halloween!

Written: 1 November




Happy Halloween!

Size of baby: Prune

Pregnancy Symptoms: Face break-outs, fatigue, nails growing like crazy, ABU pants feeling tighter some days, sniffer like a hound dog

Things that make me nausea: Meat, smell of chewing tobacco and crab cakes

Cravings: CEREAL, cinnamon, green apples and Warheads

Sleep: 6-7 hours, waking up only once a night to pee so improvement!

Exercise: Crossfit 4 days a week, yoga once a week, running once/twice a week

Baby Movement: None

Weight Gain: None


I can't believe a fourth of this pregnancy is behind us already.  This week I celebrated Halloween with me, McBaby, Zeus, a couple pumpkins, scary movies and candy!  Last year we spent the holiday dressing up together in coordinating costumes and hitting a beach club with co-workers.  We partied into the night, drank and had a blast.  How a year can change you!

Halloween 2013

I had to finally breakdown and order my maternity ABU's this week.  On one hand it's exciting because I'm really looking forward to my bump coming in!  On the other hand I'm a little bummed because what woman likes having to buy bigger pants?  




My husband had another dream about our baby, this time it was a boy!  The man needs to make up his mind.  We've been discussing finding out the gender a lot lately.  He prefers to wait until the baby is born, but I want to find out while he's home for Christmas break.  We'll see who can break who down first!  I really miss him and wish he were here.  Not so much for my own selfish reasons, but for him.  We knew this could be a possibility when we started this adventure, so we know we asked for it.  It still makes it hard when he can't come to any of the appointments or see us grow/change each week.  So instead he gets many many photos and updates!

I did a couple things these last weeks that if I weren't pregnant wouldn't be a big deal, but since I am I'm fiercely proud of myself.  I figured I'd toot my own horn a bit!

1) I worked 72 hours in 6 days for a huge exercise at work at 9 weeks pregnant.  Normally this hasn't phased me too much in the past, but this year the fatigue has hit me hard with the baby.  I did it with my troops and kept my complaints to a minimum.  Small victory but I'll take it!

2) In Crossfit I participated in a fundraiser for breast cancer, Barbells for Boobs.  The classic WOD for this is Grace.  Grace is 30 clean and jerks at 95lbs (prescribed female weight) for time.  I've ever tried Grace, but I thought, what the hell?  If I feel strained, I'll stop.  I even tried it RX (at 95#s).  I started going and all I felt was this huge rush of energy!  Next thing I know I'm finally finished.  I RXd Grace for the first time at 4:10!!  I was third in our gym for females for fastest time RX.  Not only did I kill it, but I did it 9 weeks pregnant.  Big victory for the Crossfit Mom-to-be!





I also bought my first maternity shirt this week, which for some reason like the first ultrasound, makes this seem just a little more real.


We also received our first McBaby gift from a best friend, do babies really come this little!?



1 comment:

  1. Only you would kick ass pregnant!!! I love hearing about your exercise!!!

    ReplyDelete