I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Saturday, November 29, 2014

We're Expecting a McBaby!

That aint no Etch-A-Sketch.  This is one doodle that can't be undid, Homeskillet.

I still can't believe it.  This crazy chapter started on 12 September.  I woke up and after already peeing on a couple tests a couple days before (negative), I decided I had one left in my 3-pack box, so why not.  I set it on the sink and walked back into my room with no expectations.  What's one more negative?  I walked back in to check and to my surprise....



First try is a charm!

TWO LINES!?!  Holy F*cking $h*t!!  That's all I could keep screaming the first five minutes, so loud Zeus had to run in to check on me!  I find it funny that in the past I've peed on these little fortune tellers and swore I'd be a perfect angel, change my ways, never cuss if only I can only have one line instead of two.  It feels much better to be on this side hoping for two and seeing exactly what you wished for.


Had to get big brother involved too!


Since we're basically in a long distance marriage for the time being, I knew that if this time came I couldn't tell him he was going to be a Dad for the first time ever over the phone.  That's just not my style.  Plus, this one is extra special.  This pregnancy makes him a father, and this only happens once.  See a future blog for how I broke the news to the new Dad!



I'm due 24 May 2015 which is perfect because my husband will just be finished with his first year of law school, and hopefully still have time to enjoy a few dates before the wee one arrives.  I'm 14 weeks along now!  We got pregnant on the first try, and prior to pulling the goalie I charted for about 6 months.  I learned all I know from the book, Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler.  I very highly recommend this book because it teaches you how to naturally practice birth control along with how to best achieve pregnancy when you're ready.

8 Week Ultrasound


We told both our families when I flew to Oklahoma for Thanksgiving.  It was the HARDEST secret to keep, but we couldn't resist the opportunity to tell our loved ones face to face.  Since I live far away I've really come to appreciate the value of face to face experiences, and the timing was perfect.

My in-law's surprise!
My Dad's gift, my mom got one too!


We're both so incredibly excited for our new chapter to begin.  After almost five years of marriage we both feel we've had our time together to travel the world, load up on date nights, sleep in countless mornings, build our relationship up and get quite a bit of life experience under our belts.  I couldn't be more lucky to turn this new page with my husband.  I can't wait to see him hold our child for the first time.  He definitely melts my heart with each kiss he lays on my belly.





We're Going To Be Parents!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment