I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Bumpdate: 7 -8 Weeks

Written: 10 Oct 



Size of baby: Blueberry

Pregnancy Symptoms: Sensitive breasts, mild periodic cramping, HUNGRY, fatigue, pee every 30 minutes, sense of smell like a werewolf!

Things that make me nausea: Meat and chili

Cravings: Sprite, pickles, queso, chocolate milk and cereal

Sleep: 8-9 hours + naps when I can, waking up 2-3x a night to pee :(

Exercise: Crossfit 4-5 days a week, yoga once a week, running twice a week

Baby Movement: None

Weight Gain: None

These last couple weeks have been full of new changes to my body, so much that I almost feel out of control.  I've known my body for 26 years, and all of a sudden it's experiencing things I've only read about in books. I had a big scare a few days ago when I woke up to some bright red spotting.  Luckily it only last for a minute, then it turned to brown for a couple of days.  I immediately called my OB and she asked me a couple questions and eventually put my mind at ease.  I know some woman experience it during their normal pregnancy, but it still doesn't stop your heart from panicking when you see it for the first time.

Exercise has been a challenge since my motivation has suddenly zapped.  I'm always SO tired that hitting the gym is the last task I want to do after working all day, but I know it's important.  I have found a new love for yoga, especially after a stressful day at work.  I've become really picky on what I eat after ready that awful long list in all those pregnancy books about what not to eat.  Initially it's terrifying!  I'm constantly reading labels, making sure my dairy is pasteurized, counting my tuna ounces for the week (I used to eat 12oz/week!), and monitoring my caffeine intake.

Kit had his first McBaby dream this week that it was a girl.  Time will tell!


Physically nothing changed, but here's a fun picture I took marking 8 weeks along!


1 comment: