I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Bumpdate: 13 Weeks

Written: 16 November

13 Weeks


Size of baby: Peach

Pregnancy Symptoms: Weird straining muscle feelings in my abdomen

Things that make me nausea: Still damn meat

Cravings: Sprite and sour foods

Sleep: Back up to 8 hours, peeing 2 hours now before I have to wake up :(

Exercise: Crossfit 3 days a week, yoga once a week, running once/twice a week

Baby Movement: None

Weight Gain: Up to this point, 3 pounds!


Last week in our first trimester.  1/3 the way down!  This milestone makes me incredibly excited because we're out of the dark (mostly) for miscarriages, but also gets me a little scared because already 1/3 of this journey is over!  I can feel myself start to panic about not having things ready for him/her yet, silly right!  But nonetheless still happening.

This week I have been reflecting a lot on my husband and I.  Probably because I'm seeing him finally in a week!  I'm so thankful that we waited for this.  I always knew I wanted to be a mother.  I just didn't really know when.  By the time this miracle makes an appearance into this world we will  have been together for just shy of seven years, 5.5 of those years married.  We've definitely took advantage of our time with just us two.  We've literally traveled the world many times, paid off all our debt, both graduated college, went on hundreds of date nights, had thousands of sleep-in mornings, taken those spontaneous adventures, and I finally feel like we're ready for that most exciting adventure of all.  I'm beyond grateful for the memories we've made before this kid, because we wouldn't be as strong, stable and so sure that we're ready to take this on without that time.

Now we look forward to different adventures like first steps, first family photos, first family vacations.....

You are our greatest adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment