I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Bumpdate: 12 Weeks

Written: 11 November



Size of baby: Plum

Pregnancy Symptoms: Face break-outs bad, sore breasts, muscles in stomach straining

Things that make me nausea: Dog poop (had to scoop the yard) and meat

Cravings: Mexican food, tengo hombre!

Sleep: Back up to 8 hours, no peeing in the middle of the night anymore

Exercise: Crossfit 3 days a week (the past couple weeks have been rough), yoga once a week, running once/twice a week

Baby Movement: None

Weight Gain: 3 lbs

I can't believe we're almost 1/3 the way through this already.  We can't wait to spill the beans on this secret, it's been a long time to wait.  Two more weeks.  We heard the heartbeat at my last appointment.  To say it was incredible is an understatement.  I recorded it for daddy, and we haven't stopped listening to it.  McBaby measured at 155 bpm, so my mom in convinced it's a girl.  As you can tell I'm slightly starting to FINALLY get a baby bump!  I'm at this akward stage though of just looking like I had too much queso, but I'll love it anyway.  My maternity ABU's came in this week as well.  Nothing is more flattering on a pregnant woman than maternity ABU's...detect my sarcasm?  Ah well, they're definitely more comfortable then the real ones!

I still haven't had to modify much workout wise.  I've noticed my cardio stamina is declining.  I can hardly do double unders (jump roping twice under on one jump) without breathing hard after 5 or so.  My running pace has steadily became slower as well, about 10:45 mins/mile now vs 10:15.  It's a lot harder mentally to gear up for the gym, but I'm really trying to make it a priority.  I haven't declined weight yet when I lift, but I'm soon going to be modifying that come my second trimester.

I've started cleaning out our middle bedroom to make room for the nursery.  It's weird thinking they'll be a nursery next door to our bedroom.  The task it daunting and slow going, but I've been in a nesting mood so it's working for me right now.  I have to get it all cleaned out before Dad comes home from school for Christmas break, because we'd like to paint and set up the baby furniture while he's home.

So far this 12 weeks has been amazing, can't wait for the next 28!

1 comment: