I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Bumpdate: 20 Weeks and my 27th Birthday




Size of baby: Banana

Pregnancy Symptoms: Nothing abnormal

Things that make me nauseous:  Nothing this week!

Cravings: Birthday cheesecake

Sleep: 6-8 hours a night

Exercise: Not much since Kit's been home, soaking up time while I can!

Baby Movement: Nothing still :(

Total Weight Gain: 8lbs


I can't believe we're halfway towards meeting our tiny daughter for the first time!  Sunday morning when we woke up we couldn't stop talking about our little banana-sized girl.  I feel so grateful that we've had such a smooth and uneventful pregnancy this far.

This last 20 weeks I feel like I've been holding my breathe, waiting for something bad to happen because I felt like there was no way I could be this happy and lucky without some consequences.  Finally, I feel as if I can breathe and enjoy the little life I'm growing inside me.  I know things could go wrong at any week, but I feel like I can stop expecting the worse to happen.  I love looking down at my ever protruding bump and speaking to her.  We have such a fun life in store for her!

This is the last week my husband is home for Christmas break, and it's come too soon to an end.  I can't get enough of his kisses on my bump, his sweet words to Norah everyday, and just feeling his love he has for his favorite girls.  I know this is what life would be like if we were a normal couple that lived together and it makes me jealous of the average couple.  Instead of being bitter about it (which is often a challenge), I try instead to just soak it up and savor every minute.  This time in our lives is only temporary.  At least it's only me at this point that he was to walk away from.

This week I worked on our daughter's name display above her crib.  I was so excited to get this project underway since seeing some ideas on Pinterest.  I took wooden embroidery circles (about $1-2 each), our favorite fabric and made a beautiful collage of gray, white, orange and teal colors.  We ordered her letters online to complete the collage.  It was simple, easy, colorful and so much fun to make.  Next on my list of items to make it a bow holder, bookends and a big wooden sign.  This by far is our favorite room in the house.



I also turned 27 years old this week!  27 doesn't really feel any different.  I was pretty lucky to have my husband home for my special day and he out did himself.  He woke up early and made my favorite breakfast, homemade cheesecake, and a yummy steak, brussel sprout and twice baked potato dinner before I had to work a night shift.  He cooked like a boss ALL DAY for me and even put up our traditional birthday banner!  My day was summed up with flowers, food, cheesecake, prenatal massage (thanks Bethany), prenatal yoga lessons and so much love that I teared up at dinner.  We didn't go crazy for this birthday, but it was exactly what I wanted.  My husband, my dog and our healthy daughter growing in my belly.








Perfect day.

20 weeks down, about 20ish more to go and we can't wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment