I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

McNesting In Progress

As I've blogged before, I've been quite in the nesting mode.  I remember when I first moved into this house, I knew which room (when the time came) would be our child's nursery.  I even called it that from the beginning, and it drove my husband nuts!  He used to say, how can we have a nursery already when we don't have a baby?  Well now the time has come!  Our colors are gray, orange and teal!

This is what the room looked like when I first moved in November 2012.



This is what the room looked like for the last two years as our guest room.



Now let the painting and redecorating begin!




First things first, we removed all the bookcases and shelves, and then the bed got moved to our office.  I'm so happy to see the yellow finally go.  The room gets a ton of light during the day, so we knew we could go with a slightly darker color and be alright.  We finally got to paint a room gray!  Plus it's a great gender neutral color, especially when you live in a rental.

Next my husband went through the obligatory "Dad" ritual of assembling the tricky crib!  He loved it despite the cuss words that shortly ensued, and it definitely makes the room feel finally like our nursery.

Hardest part was the dresser!


Well earned rock in the glider!


I scored an awesome glider/ottoman set from Craigslist for half the price of a new set, so we have that already too.  I have the curtains ordered, and a rug picked out on Amazon.  He even hung up shelves for me (I hate hanging shelves).  Slowly but surely we'll have it all ready by May.  I'm so grateful my husband was able to help out with this project.  It took me three weekends just to clean the room out by myself, so I can't imagine how long it would have taken me to paint, assemble everything and hang shelves!  I'm a little slower these days than usual.  Plus, it's a great way to get him involved as well and we made great memories together assembling our first nursery as parents.




It's definitely not finished, but it's a GREAT start!  I'll post another blog when it's finished for sure.  I'm in love already, and I think I'll find myself just sitting in here, rocking away while daydreaming about becoming a mother.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment