I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Benchmark #6: Alex Visits/4th of July

My long time, high school best friend traveled from Oklahoma to spend the long holiday weekend with me! I really can't begin to write how blessed I've been with visitors this year. This visit was icing on the cake.

We first met on the volleyball team in high school, and with all the traveling we did we became really close. Our friendship continued when we went to the same community college for our associate's degree and then the same university for our bachelor's degrees. Go Pokes! She is a wonderful giving, trusting, and the most kind soul I know. She recently just finished RN school and is working her dream job as a psych nurse! So what better was to celebrate then come to the beach and visit the best friend.

Our Independence Day:

Always include the husband on holidays! Love > Distance






Who wouldn't want a taco in a poncho?


5 in on the 4th

Despite the monsoon that came through all weekend, we still had a blast. We went to my favorite coffee shop, Seaside and saw the angry ocean.

The rest of the long weekend we rode bikes along the ocean, had movie nights, shopped and enjoyed each other's company.


This was right after she crashed into a ditch! She's smiling because she survived! Always laughs around this one :)



It was worth the rain!
Then finally on her last day here, the sun came out, so we ran to the beach. I'm so happy she at least had one good beach day before she left!



Go Pokes!



Felt confident enough for a close up bikini shot! Baby steps!




Sun burnt but incredibly happy, we headed to dinner on the beach to one of my favorite seaside places, Uncle Ernie's.








We both had an awesome weekend, and it meant so much to me that she visited me during this time. Love you girl and see you in OK next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment